Radio Sales Café

Networking for radio sales professionals from Grace Broadcast Sales.

June 2011 Blog Posts (8)

Imagine sending a 60 word text to thousand of people and then had someone read it to them! That's Radio!

Imagine sending a 60 word text to thousand of people and then had someone read it to them!  That's Radio!

Added by Rick L Murphy on June 30, 2011 at 12:55pm — No Comments

Update on our station purchase

Hi everyone!

 

Hope your summer is going well!  My wife and I are now owners as we closed on our station on June 21st!!!  Now the fun really begins!  We hope to be on air by fall(its amazing how much paperwork there is!)

Added by Brian Winnekins on June 28, 2011 at 1:58pm — 1 Comment

Do we all live in a submarine?

 

Well not quite, but in Bob Bly’s The White Paper Marketing Hand Book, he describes his rule of thumb as a marketer for the last 25 years.

“When you market to a group of target prospects, all of whom are qualified and can benefit from what you are selling, only 10 percent will have an immediate need for your product or service today;: the other 90 percent will have a future need.”

Therefore if your marketing only targets those who are…

Continue

Added by Mike Brunel on June 25, 2011 at 2:00pm — 2 Comments

Many thanks!

Wanted to thank the wonderful folks at the Radio Sales Cafe for sending out a prize: the Programming & Promotion book. Thank you Heather for the book and beautiful card!

Added by william schenold on June 21, 2011 at 12:40pm — 2 Comments

What my Dad taught me about Sales

What my Dad taught me about Sales but I wasn’t listening!

 

My dad is 80 years of age, he was in the selling game too, well  the other day while I talking to him on the phone, he reckoned I had stolen some of the stuff that he had taught me about selling.  He still says that he taught me everything I know.

Off course I said no way,  I could not for the life of me remember anything that he had taught me, the truth is that I was probably not listening at the time,…

Continue

Added by Mike Brunel on June 19, 2011 at 9:30pm — 3 Comments

Would you Give your Client away?



Would you Give your Client away?

Over the years I have conceded that maybe my opposition media company is the best fit for the client. If you are in that situation would you let the other guy take the business?

The reason you want to do that is to show your customer that actually you have their best interests at heart. When you tell a client “look I have gone over your ad schedule and heard all the arguments for and against I think that the best buy for…

Continue

Added by Mike Brunel on June 12, 2011 at 9:30pm — No Comments

Hop Aboard The Money Bus

How many times have you heard that radio and the web are powerful partners? Has your station witnessed the power of integrating digital with traditional? Before you finish this article, you’ll have the foundation of creating a powerful money-maker for your station that can be started right away.

I’d like to introduce you to http://onedaybustrip.com

What started out as a solution to meet a one-time client challenge, has now turned into an…

Continue

Added by Chuck Francis on June 10, 2011 at 8:35am — No Comments

“Advertising – no not interested "



How many times have you heard that from a client? The truth is that client could live without your medium if they really wanted to, you on the other hand might starve.

So how do you overcome that common objection? Well tell the truth, don’t string the client along on why he or she should buy your radio station,  just be truthful about what advertising can do.

Using an example “Adverting is not going to save your business from collapsing (only you can do that), but it…

Continue

Added by Mike Brunel on June 5, 2011 at 10:00pm — No Comments

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

2014

2013

2012

2011

2010

2009

Radio Sales Café is a service of GRACE BROADCAST SALES - Helping radio salespeople sell more advertising for over 23 years!

Follow Radio Sales Café!

© 2014   Created by Rebecca Schwartz.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service