Co Op Bucks

• 12 posts
    August 12, 2014 11:45 AM PDT

Is there a resource out there to find manufacturers who offer CoOp dollars to their dealers/vendors?  Specifically, Smith & Wesson.  I have a dealer with a promotional event coming up soon.  I have not discussed Co Op with them yet...I would rather know going into the conversation. 

Thanks!

Randy

• 11 posts
    August 13, 2014 7:09 AM PDT

I think the RAB could provide you with this resource.

• 12 posts
    August 13, 2014 8:56 AM PDT

It looks like they do - but it's locked and I'm not a member.

• 993 posts
    August 13, 2014 3:12 PM PDT

Randy,

I used to do a lot with coop advertising and RAB's Coop Directory was a goldmine.  In the old days, it was published annually as a thick volume.  Today it's all online, maintained and updated regularly with contact information, coop guidelines, the whole shebang, along with the forms you need for submitting claims.

That said, you can try to contact Smith and Wesson directly.  Might have to navigate a phone tree, but they have an advertising department, and someone in that department should be conversant with their coop policy.

Their website also provides a contact form for Sponsorship requests.

Good luck.  Let us know how it goes.

• 4 posts
    August 13, 2014 4:46 PM PDT

Hi Randy, the RAB Co-op Directory has over 9,000 plans listed, but it is a benefit of membership in RAB.  The plan says Co-op advertising may be arranged on an individual basis with the Sales rep.  Here are limited details from the listing for Smith and Wesson to help you get started:

Manufacturer Address

Smith & Wesson

P.O. Box 2208

2100 Roosevelt Avenue

Springfield, MA 01102-2208

Manufacturer Contact

Jean Nilsson

Phone: (413) 781-8300

Fax: (413) 747-3317

800#: (800) 331-0852

Hope this helps and if you have an opportunity to become a member of RAB, you will find membership more than pays for itself.  If you want more information on membership, call RAB Member Response anytime Monday-Friday, 7am to 5pm Central Time, 800-232-3131.  At the same number you may want to contact Brandeis Hall, VP/Professional Development at RAB.  She has a strong co-op background and oversees RAB's co-op support. 

• 993 posts
    August 13, 2014 5:07 PM PDT

John,

Thanks for weighing in so graciously.

• 12 posts
    August 14, 2014 6:36 AM PDT

Thank you so much everybody!  Generous indeed!!

• 30 posts
    August 15, 2014 8:06 AM PDT

Hi Randy!

The RAB has revamped the "co op" resources directory.  Very intuitive and interactive.  I would start there.  You will need credentials.  http://rab.recas.com/coop_search_form

Good Luck,

George Feola

• 455 posts
    August 18, 2014 8:40 AM PDT

We have a new salesperson. She's been on board about three months with no media experience. She is working the RAB co-op directory very diligently and is knocking it out of the park!