Request copy ideas for building contractor

• 4 posts
    September 5, 2014 1:43 PM PDT

Need copy ideas for a building contractor:

I am requesting new, original copy ideas for a building contractor.  He is an annual ‘weather sponsor’ which includes 14 second daily ‘liners’ and 30 second ads during the week.  His business is called Horizon Construction.  He is an independent company owner and only employee, with over thirty years’ experience.  He is located in northeast Nebraska and is turning down opportunities to build new houses because the demand is high for his services just within a 10-20 mile of his business.  It is a rural area with a positive farm economy right now, which has stimulated interest in building new homes.   Over the last 12 months, there’s also been 2 tornadoes and several damaging storms in the area, which have contributed some to the remodeling repair work he does.  There are several building contractors in the area

When I ask the owner what sets him apart, he says he prefers doing new home construction, and enjoys the ‘hands on’ work he does.  He enjoys being ‘on site’, ‘on the job’ and being available to his customers.  He’s very particular and meticulous about his work.  He says he charges more money for his work than some other local contractors; he feels he offers more for the money because of his experience, and I believe him.  He’s very personable, honest, and conscientious in doing his best for his customers.  He believes in ‘good business’ tactics, so does not take on jobs that he doesn’t have time for.  He doesn’t want his customers to wait.   He does not like gimmicks in his advertising or ‘bragging’.  He’s not specific about what the ad should say, until he sees the script.  He definitely knows what he likes and what he does not like. 

The ads air on a hot country music format and a classic hits music format.

Here are his ads that are currently on the air and need to be changed.  He wants something new and fresh.   

15 seconds:

CHOOSING THE RIGHT BUILDING CONTRACTOR IS A BIG DECISION.  KIRK HOCHSTEIN, OWNER OF HORIZON CONSTRUCTION OF WAYNE, IS READY TO PUT HIS  EXPERIENCE TO WORK FOR YOU.  WHETHER YOU'RE LOOKING AT A  REMODELING PROJECT, ADDING A NEW ROOM OR  GARAGE--OR  BUILDING A NEW HOUSE--TALK TO KIRK AT HORIZON CONSTRUCTION.  

30 seconds:

CHOOSING THE RIGHT BUILDING CONTRACTOR IS A BIG DECISION.  KIRK HOCHSTEIN, OWNER OF HORIZON CONSTRUCTION OF WAYNE, WANTS YOU TO KNOW THAT HE'S READY TO PUT HIS THIRTY PLUS YEARS OF EXPERIENCE TO WORK FOR YOU.  WHETHER YOU'RE LOOKING AT A SMALL REMODELING PROJECT, PUTTING ON A NEW ADDITION, A GARAGE--OR  BUILDING A NEW HOUSE--TALK TO KIRK AT HORIZON CONSTRUCTION.   HIS CLIENTS KNOW KIRK AS FRIENDLY AND PERSONABLE AND WHEN HE BUILDS FOR YOU,  HE IS COMMITTED TO EXCEEDING YOUR NEEDS AND GOALS.    KIRK HAS HELPED WAYNE GROW...FIND OUT WHAT'S NEW AT HORIZON CONSTRUCTION.

15 second liners used for weather sponsorship:

This weather forecast is brought to you by Horizon Construction of Wayne.  Kirk Hochstein at Horizon Construction has the experience and equipment to do the job right...call Kirk Hochstein at Horizon Construction about remodeling projects, building a new addition, a garage, or a new home. 

This weather forecast is brought to you by Kirk Hochstein, owner of Horizon Construction of Wayne.  Let Kirk Hochstein put his experience to work for you.  Contact him at Horizon Construction about remodeling your kitchen or bathroom, adding on a room or building your new home.    

This weather forecast is brought to you by Horizon Construction of Wayne.   Let Kirk Hochstein at Horizon Construction give you creative ideas to make the most of the space you have.  When you're building on, or remodeling your home, call  Horizon Construction of Wayne.   

This weather forecast is brought to you by Horizon Construction of Wayne.  Home improvement starts with a local builder whose experience and strong work ethic will get the job done right. Kirk Hochstein at Horizon Construction has helped Wayne grow.  Call Horizon Construction to build for you.  

The weather is brought to you by Horizon Construction.  Want quality construction services from a friendly contractor?  Pick Kirk Hochstein (hoke stine) at Horizon Construction.  Learn more at:  the friendly builder dot com.  Horizon Construction of Wayne..go to:  the friendly builder dot.com. 

The Weather is brought to you by Horizon Construction.  Many contractors can do a great job--but  you want a builder that's friendly, too.  Call Kirk at Horizon Construction of Wayne.  Trustworthy.  Competent.  Friendly.  Call Kirk at 369-1-4-5-6, or visit:  the friendly builder dot com. 

• 1373 posts
    September 8, 2014 12:07 PM PDT

Colleen, what about interviewing customers for whom Kirk has done work and getting some testimonials from them that you could incorporate into his ads?

• 455 posts
    September 12, 2014 7:25 AM PDT

It seems like you could insert the name of any builder into the copy. I like Rebecca's idea about the testimonial. Let a satisfied customer explain the difference.

• 4 posts
    September 12, 2014 8:06 AM PDT

Thank you for taking the time to give your honest feedback, Jack Walker.

Colleen

• 112 posts
    September 12, 2014 8:28 AM PDT

I would also look at playing up what he said to you. Maybe something like: (sounds of hammering)  KIRK HOCHSTEIN IS THE OWNER OF HORIZON CONSTRUCTION OF WAYNE. HE LIKES DOING NEW HOME CONSTRUCTION. HE SAYS HE ENJOYS THE CREATIVE PROCESS AND THE HANDS ON WORK. BEING ON THE SITE AND AVAILABLE TO HIS FUTURE HOMEOWNERS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO HIM. AND I'LL BE HONEST WITH YOU, HE MAY CHARGE A LITTLE MORE THAN THE OTHER GUYS, BUT I HAVE BEEN TOLD HE IS METICULOUS ABOUT HIS WORK. THAT BEING SAID, HE ALSO DOESN'T LIKE FOR HIS CUSTOMERS TO HAVE TO WAIT, SO HE DOESN'T TAKE JOBS UNLESS HE HAS ENOUGH TIME TO DO IT RIGHT. IN THIRTY PLUS YEARS, KIRK HAS BUILT A LOT OF HOMES IN WAYNE. IF THIS IS THE TYPE OF CONTRACTOR YOU'D LIKE BUILDING YOUR DREAM HOME, CALL KIRK AT HORIZON CONSTRUCTION.

• 1373 posts
    September 12, 2014 10:15 AM PDT

I like that, Lynn!

• 4 posts
    September 16, 2014 8:33 AM PDT

Thank you Lynn!

• 12 posts
    September 20, 2014 7:53 AM PDT

:30 

[fx: contructions sounds background]

M1:  Nope; a little to the left.  Little more …

ANNC:  That’s (contractor).  When he builds a home for you, he’s looking after every detail.

M1: Okay good.  Go ahead.

[fx: hammering]

ANNC:  Because if the home isn’t good enough for him, it shouldn’t be good enough for you.

M1:  Okay, grab the next nail and set it … wait, I think you better measure that again. 

ANNC:  (Contractor).  ‘Cause ‘til you move in, it’s still HIS address.  (contact information)

• 32 posts
    October 2, 2014 11:54 AM PDT

Hi Colleen,

We have 40,000 pieces of radio ad copy here www.wikicopy.com that is 100% free to use. Simply select the category and the length of the ad you want and the system will give you hundreds of ads to choose from. Let me know if you need some help.

• 2 posts
    October 3, 2014 8:53 AM PDT

Hi Colleen, Here is some information that may help you with future clients. It's a new service and is currently in beta testing mode, but there are 50+ fully produced radio campaigns all spec'd and ready for download, as well as other helpful things to help you with radio creative. Like advertising jingles (that focus on singing the sell line) and lots of royalty free music beds that have been edited into 15, 30, 45, & 60 second formats. Let me know if this would be helpful for other clients you may have... And feel free to give me any feedback 

The website to check out is Creative Ready https://creativeready.com/

• 32 posts
    October 3, 2014 10:36 AM PDT

That is a great idea you are developing. Please keep us posted on the development. 

• 2 posts
    October 3, 2014 11:27 AM PDT

Thanks Ryan