Sales team direct phone number on air

• 11 posts
    November 14, 2014 1:13 AM PST

Hi everyone,

Have this little thing in my mind recently:

Lots of station in my market broadcast a phone number for advertisers to call. All the spots sound really boring, like they beg people to call them. I have never used such a phone but I am thinking of putting one on air but with a more creative approach. 

My idea is to make several different spots that describe the power of radio, but with sounds. Like sounds that you can not miss on radio - babies laughing, car brakes, etc. and a sentence that says "Have you heard this? So did your potential clients. Advertise on ......radio, call now"...or something like this.

Do you have any creative and working examples of spots?

Best regards,

Stan

• 1373 posts
    November 14, 2014 10:50 AM PST

Hello Stan,

Love your idea!  I'll include your post in next week's newsletter, but in the meantime, if you haven't already, you might want to browse the Pro Radio Commercials & Promos section of the discussion forum . . . there might just be some idea starters there.

Once you've created your ad, would you be willing to share it with us here?

Best wishes,

Rebecca

• 11 posts
    November 17, 2014 12:58 PM PST

Hey Rebecca,

No problem sharing but my ad will be in my native language, I'm sure noone here will understand it. I can translate the copy as a text only. 

Regards,

Stan

• 1373 posts
    November 18, 2014 10:15 AM PST

Oh, hadn't thought about that!  A translation would be awesome - thank you!

• 42 posts
    November 21, 2014 3:43 AM PST

If you cant say it sing it.  eg if the number is 0766 249 109

Jingle: Oooh Seven six six

Yeah two four nine

Kid     one  ooh nine

Music up & out

• 170 posts
    November 21, 2014 5:24 AM PST
    I think the RAB produced a series of promos at one time on the power of radio that were really good...?
    • 180 posts
    November 21, 2014 1:27 PM PST

Try this. Say in the spot that they can get the number from the stations web site. Put all your sponsors and their numbers there. Then promote your web site on the air. As listeners check in for numbers you get a reading of your listening audiance. And you have less number-clutter on the air.

• 455 posts
    November 23, 2014 4:09 PM PST

Sounds like a great idea and I beleive campaigns like that have already been produced. The best thing you can do is have testimonials from satisfied clients.

• 4 posts
    December 8, 2014 1:35 AM PST

I really like this idea, but am all new to this stuff!

Sounds really good though, may have to drop a large hint to the people 'upstairs'.