FaceBook reach and freq...

• 8 posts
    May 19, 2015 10:19 AM PDT

More and more businesses are trying to use Facebook as their only means of advertising. And while Facebook can be an excellent tool, it is still very limited. 

Facebook limits postings to just a very tiny group of your friends unless you pay to include, to varying degrees, further reach on your friends list.

Has anyone put together a one sheeter or fact page about the extra costs to actually reach your followers on Facebook and other facts... that they would be willing to share?

• 1373 posts
    May 19, 2015 11:05 AM PDT

Hi Rick! 

I'll be sure to include this in our next newsletter, which will be the Friday after Memorial Day.  In the meantime, if you haven't seen this discussion thread, you might like to take a look at it:  Main Street Businesses Relying Solely on Facebook for Advertising -...

In her reply, Diane Scarpelli cites three articles that explain why Facebook may not be a good solution for local businesses.  A while back, I also came across this Fast Company article, How Facebook is Failing Local Busineses.

Hopefully there's some information here that will be useful.

Rebecca

• 8 posts
    May 19, 2015 11:14 AM PDT

Thank you very much Rebecca. I will be sure and check out the information you have referenced.