Online Auctions

• 7 posts
    March 25, 2016 6:12 AM PDT

Hello everyone! Looking for some guidance for an online auction idea. Has anyone reading this utilized this concept? How was it laid out? How did it work? Did it bring in the anticipated revenue? How did your clients like it?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thank you so much!

• 35 posts
    April 1, 2016 12:15 PM PDT

Hi, Lisa!  How are you???

We used one of the discount sites--so not officially an auction.  More the groupon concept.  Didn't like it. 

A. I don't want my clients to discount their product in most cases.  Like massages--there are enough offers that people don't go back, they just surf the deals--and how much work is it to give a massge?  A lot! 

B. Some of the businesses wouldn't honor the certificates or they went out of biz.  Arg.  We were giving refunds 10 months after a sale. 

C. I don't like to discount our products either, and that's sort of expected with these. 

I don't think any of our clients loved it either.  No one complained when we dropped it.  Just head nodding. 

• 7 posts
    April 1, 2016 2:03 PM PDT

Hi Julie! How are things in your world? Are you staffed?

Thank you so much for your response. Appreciate the time. Absolutely understand the not discounting...I am on the same page there!

Take care!

• 993 posts
    April 4, 2016 4:32 PM PDT

Our stations are in the process of moving our daily on-air auction program online. I see real advantages to doing this, and using airtime to promote the online auction, without having to DO the actual auction on the air.

I've migrated a few of our auction clients over to the new site, but the wholesale transfer will probably take a month or more to implement.  The plug-in we're using is really simple and attractive, so we're looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Will be glad to report back when we have some experience under our belt.

• 7 posts
    April 5, 2016 6:26 AM PDT

That would be fantastic! I can't wait to hear about it all. 

Thank you so much!

• 4 posts
    April 8, 2016 6:49 AM PDT

Use it during Jan thru April.  One Auction a Month!

Revenue is around six thousand for one week.  We

also do a Black Friday Auction in November.

We started auctions back in 1998 on the radio!

Now auction Items are put on line, complete with pictures

and descriptions.  Announcers promo the auction items

on the air! Bidders can use the on line

bidding form or call the radio station.  The auction

is held for just one week.  Good way to make some

extra revenue. If you want more info you can contact me! Lately

we have been looking at hooking up with one of the

professional sites. Although we really dont want to give

up the commissions to them.

John Carroll

989-362-3417

me at 989-362-3417

• April 12, 2016 8:44 AM PDT

I have been doing a discount site for years called HalfBuckCafe.com.  It is great for typical non performing categories like restaurants, spas etc.  I have a full set of guidelines on how to do this.  Email me and Ill send them to you as they are too voluminous for here:  [email protected]   Subject Line  Half Buck Cafe (sorry, I get a LOT of spam)