Dealings with Maverik?

• 26 posts
    July 18, 2016 10:10 AM PDT
    I am curious what other reps' experience has been in dealing with Maverik, the gas station chain based in Salt Lake City.
    Thanks,
    -L.
  • July 18, 2016 12:39 PM PDT

I am looking forward to what you find on this.  I have four or five of these in my market and honestly, we have never that I can tell gone after them!

• 26 posts
    July 18, 2016 12:43 PM PDT

We have three in our community now and so far they have only bought remote broadcasts at grand openings, re-openings. I am curious how the buying agency has treated other stations in other markets.

• 6 posts
    July 25, 2016 11:33 AM PDT

One store here, same results... grand opening, remodel. The agency did offer us a buck an ad for "remainders", "any unsold inventory that you might have". Told 'em we weren't interested...

• 26 posts
    July 25, 2016 11:40 AM PDT
    A buck an ad! That's quite a deal. After doing two grand open remotes with them and getting complaints after both (really successful events) we decided they really wanted a mobile DJ service rather than a working radio station. They said we didn't engage the crowd. We BROUGHT the crowd. We decided to stop selling remotes to any client after the second event.
    • 10 posts
    July 29, 2016 8:00 AM PDT

I am wondering who the agency of record actually is.  Local manager doesn't know.  Thanks!