National Coffee Day promotion

• 9 posts
    August 17, 2016 12:00 PM PDT

Good Afternoon - I need help with a National Coffee Day promotion. I have a potential coffee company who is finally willing to advertise with my company but only if I can come up with a "good" promotion. Can anyone help me out with this. Our show is a syndicated all 80's music format and is heard on several FM and Internet stations nationwide. Time is of the essence if anyone has an idea or two that I could put our own "spin" on. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1373 posts
    August 17, 2016 12:24 PM PDT

Hello Dean! I've put this out on RSC's Facebook & Twitter feeds, and will feature it in the newsletter that goes out tomorrow evening. Is this the same Death Wish Coffee Company that you mentioned here, or a different one?  Are they looking to do a giveaway, a contest, or other? I'm looking forward to seeing what our members come up with!

• 9 posts
    August 17, 2016 12:34 PM PDT

Hi Rebecca - Same Company. And yes there will be a giveaway.

Thanks

• 1373 posts
    August 17, 2016 9:58 PM PDT

Comments from Jason Younger on the RSC Facebook page:

Do a private label brand. Create a brand for charity with station and sponsor logos on back. All profits go to (charity). Work with a local coffee shop and order custom bags for the beans.

Make sure it's good stuff. Maybe a special blend only available each year for this event?

• 12 posts
    August 19, 2016 9:54 AM PDT

I work with a coffee company and we do the private labeling with one of our morning shows, “Morning Animal Coffee.”  They are also our go to coffee for promotions, charities and they provide the in-office coffee. 

Where appropriate, we include them in a variety of contest with a bag of our coffee from Client.  We include a bag of their coffee in an office delivery promotion with another client that provides muffins.

One recent charity event, was a fund raiser for a school supply drive involving a pastry and a cup of Client coffee for a suggested donation.  We had a couple of our stations broadcasting from a parking lot in the downtown area during morning drive. 

The coffee company loves the involvement because of all the promotional messages for each event.  We have a great relationship that makes it easy on both sides because we look for opportunities to involve them and they rarely refuse.

• 1373 posts
    August 19, 2016 10:23 AM PDT

That is really neat, Todd . . . thanks for sharing!