Friday Poll: How Does Your Station Help the Needy in Your Area?

• 993 posts
    November 30, 2017 7:33 PM PST

Radio has a long history of partnering with non-profits to help build awareness, recruit volunteers, and raise money each year, and stations have come up with a variety of creative, effective ways of doing this. So, we're wondering what your radio station might be doing in this regard, particulary to help those organizations that provide food, clothing, or shelter for the needy in your area. We look forward to hearing what your station is doing this year. Please post your comments below. Thank you!

• 180 posts
    December 1, 2017 11:06 AM PST

This is not a problem for me. My wife runs a local food pantry. She has recruited me as advisor for her Seniors and Vets program.

I also found myself on her golf tournament commitee. 

• 7 posts
    December 3, 2017 5:01 PM PST

We have been partnering with the local food pantry "Christian Care and Share Center" for their annual Food for Families Food Drive for the past 25 years. We do a long form interview a week in advance with the pantry director. We air PSA's that he voices for several days in advance of the food drive. We do an all day  live remote from 7:30am-3:00pm at the food drive  doing 5-6 breaks an hour. The drive has been collecting 5-6 tons of food and several thousands of dollars in monetary donations each year. The food drive is the primary fund raiser for the year to help the needy of our community.  Despite the cold weather usually at this time of the year, we look forward to helping in promoting the event.