First Quarter Copy for local jewelry store

• 31 posts
    December 11, 2009 12:08 PM PST
    I have made contact with a locally owned family jewelry store too late for the Christmas push, but they are willing to give us a shot for Q1 (Valentine's Day). I am looking for some fantastic copy idea starters. This jeweler's selling points are high quality product and extremely high level of personal customer service...they NEVER advertise price. Does anybody have some Valentine's copy that did well for them or the next great idea?
    • 5 posts
    December 16, 2009 9:32 PM PST
    watch lots of romance movies, look for the feeling behind them, create a love story of their own that will convey the emotion they are looking for. A good commercial creates real emotion that will touch people, a story that ends up at their counter purchasing a piece of lasting love, I know its cheesy but it will work
    • 59 posts
    December 17, 2009 5:23 AM PST
    How about an ad starting with a take off on Dear Santa letters, but from the female to Cupid. Dear Cupid, I've been very good this year and I saw a ring/bracelet/necklace in your window/store, etc.
    • 12 posts
    December 17, 2009 7:43 AM PST
    Dan,

A couple of years ago I did an annual campaign with a local jewelry store called 'Romancing the Stone'. Each month we briefly talked about the gem of the month and tied it into what the store was either offering. i got all the months and copy saved if you want.
    • 31 posts
    December 18, 2009 6:33 AM PST
    Thanks for all of the great ideas....
    • 11 posts
    December 24, 2009 6:33 AM PST
    Romancing the Stone!! Great idea. I would really like to check out your copy and monthly break down. The jewellery store in my town is always unsure of radio and I would like to go to her with a great idea!
    Thanks
  • December 30, 2009 4:52 AM PST
    Here is an idea that will turn into copy. Step one... set up a woman's night at the store around the 2nd or 3rd of February. Apps, Chapagne etc. the women in and have the radio station host the night. get women to look at thing and fill out a card with things they would like. LATER get their man's information. Feb 12th (or so) have a mens night. That is where you put the hammer down on the men.
    • 44 posts
    December 31, 2009 8:27 AM PST
    I have a jewelry store that does a 2 - hour sale during the Super Bowl. Of course you can't say SuperBowl on the ad...but you can say during the Big Game. They do 50% off on all gold jewelry. It is a very successful promotion for them and of course they use radio to spread the word!
    • 44 posts
    December 31, 2009 8:28 AM PST
    I would also like your copy for this promotion. Sounds great!
    • 44 posts
    December 31, 2009 8:35 AM PST
    Years ago we did a promotion for Valentine's Day I can't even remember what we called it but we hid a diamond in a sticky bun. You qualify 24 contestants on the air. They all meet on Valentine's Day. Each get a sticky bun and they go crazy digging for the diamond. The diamond is provided by the jewelry store. It is great PR for the jewelry store plus they have a possible new customer that needs a setting for their diamond.
    • 31 posts
    December 31, 2009 12:21 PM PST
    Love both of these ideas Lana...thanks so much
    • 31 posts
    December 31, 2009 12:22 PM PST
    They already do this, but didn't want to advertise it...they didn't want "too many" people there?????
    • 10 posts
    January 4, 2010 5:09 PM PST
    I for one would love to see this- if you've got the copy handy- I've got a small jeweler as well- and this could be just the thing- and thanks in advance for your help, just FYI I'm probably well out of your market, being that I'm on Maui in Hawaii...

Thanks!
    PaulR
    • 1 posts
    July 26, 2011 7:08 AM PDT

Thank you,  Dan!  Would love the info.  My fax is 765-529-1688.

This post was edited by Rod Schwartz at March 22, 2024 10:12 AM PDT
    • 17 posts
    May 15, 2014 12:27 PM PDT

Hi Rick,

I know you posted this years ago.  IF you could please send me all the months that would be great.  This is a wonderful idea.

This post was edited by Rod Schwartz at March 22, 2024 10:12 AM PDT
    • 2 posts
    September 19, 2014 7:50 AM PDT

I also would love to see this!   Thank you so much for sharing, I have a small family owned jewelry store for a client and I have been racking my brain for a new idea...they have been in business for over 100 years, so finding something they haven't already done is a challenge!

This post was edited by Rod Schwartz at March 22, 2024 10:13 AM PDT
    • 170 posts
    February 13, 2015 8:10 PM PST

The best way to develop this for this client is to get more information - namely what does the client want to accomplish with radio? What niche does the jeweler have now and are they happy with it? Are they a diamond center? Do they like promotions or prefer campaigns? If you can identify a clear need with this client, can bring a new audience, you can address it and win them over. Part of your struggle with direction is you don't really know enough about the client.

• 2 posts
    November 15, 2015 4:54 PM PST

[email protected]

Can you please send me the copy.I would love to attempt this on one of my newer clients.

This sounds awesome!

• 4 posts
    April 26, 2016 9:13 PM PDT

Hey Rick,

I would be really interested in seeing this.  I have a tough client that has not been on board for quite some time and I need something that will set them apart from other Jewelry stores.  If you could send me some info that would be great.  

Thanks a bunch

This post was edited by Rod Schwartz at March 22, 2024 10:15 AM PDT