How do you price a post for a client on station Facebook page?

• 1373 posts
    June 6, 2018 8:48 AM PDT

From RSC member Kim Galloway: Good morning all! I have a client who is really big on social media as an advertising outlet and have asked for a proposal for us to share and post for their business on our station Facebook page. I have done a little research into the Facebook advertising and I am not finding anything that can help me reasonably price a Facebook post. Has anyone had any experience with this and have suggestions on where to start? Greatly appreciate your feedback!  

• 3 posts
    June 8, 2018 7:11 AM PDT

Hi all,

Recently we were toying with how we can compete and offer something using facebook to help generate revenue for our station. The solution we came up with is we can put an ad like a banner ad on your website, at the top of your facebook page for that client and it would be priced like a banner ad depending how long they would want to stay pinned to the top would also play into the price we charge. One huge selling point is the number of likes we have and views our different post get. Ask them how many likes they have and compare that to how many your station has. You might even want to try selling as a combo pkg this along with x amount of spots, hey we are radio and and we have to be creative and change as the times do.

Kevin Casey                                                                                                                                                                                                              Kickin' 103.5 FM / 1030 AM WEBS            

• 2 posts
    June 26, 2018 9:12 AM PDT

My suggestion is not to just do FB posts for clients on your page, since they are limited in reach unless it is boosted.  Rather, you should offer a Facebook ad campaign using the targeting engine in Facebook's Ad Manager platform, and match the demo/geo/interests/behaviors of your target.  That way you can spend as much as your client is willing to budget in FB media.  Generally you also charge a campaign management fee that is about 30-35% of the media spend.