Forums » "Spot Check" - Commercial Review

Ideas On Making This Spot Better or Other Ideas

• 49 posts
    August 15, 2018 7:06 AM PDT
    we've ran this spot for the past three months for a local attorney group who are trying out a mediation service. they haven't got any calls or response. but they want to continue because they like us and the station. 

any thoughts on something different that might catch people's attention in a different way? I'm not sure the commercial grabs listeners but this is what they sent us to run. I would like to come up with a way for the listeners to engage with them without actually doing a call in show. Maybe we set up a facebook page where there can be some interaction and then bring them in the studio to talk about some of the responses? 

Divorce is never easy, but it doesn't have to destroy your family and your finances. 
    That's why three southern Indiana attorneys - Mike and Alex ________ and Curt (Moo-ta-deer) __________ have founded the Freedom Mediation Group to offer mediation as an alternative to expensive court proceedings.

Bringing another party to court is costly, time consuming and stressful. By using mediation, both parties will be given a neutral ear and the benefit of a private, confidential means of coming to an agreement. 

Divorce is never anyone's first choice, but if reconciliation is not an option, give the Freedom Mediation Group a call to discuss the possibility of mediation at _(number)_ -- that's ______(number)________ -- or visit their website at __________________. 

This is advertising material and the responsible attorney is Mike ___________  at _____________(address)

• August 17, 2018 7:36 AM PDT

Hey! My recommendation is to have a benefit driven spot. The benefit of mediation is resolution. I streamlined the copy a little and brought the name of the business to the front. I would recommend a no nonsense voice over talent and not a Lifetime television for women's voice with zen music. This business is about results. 

Good luck! 
    Best
    BFB 
    @coolbettie

Resolution with a positive outcome. Isn’t that what you are looking for in a difficult situation? Divorce is never easy, but if reconciliation is not an option, give the Freedom Mediation Group a call to discuss mediation. Founded by - Mike and Alex ________ and Curt (Moo-ta-deer) __________. Freedom Mediation Group to offer mediation as an alternative to expensive court proceedings. Bringing another party to court is costly, time consuming and stressful. By using mediation, both parties will be given a neutral ear and the benefit of a private, confidential means of coming to an agreement. Call Freedom Mediation Group to learn more _(number)_ -- that's ______(number)________ -- or visit their website at __________________. 

This is advertising material and the responsible attorney is Mike ___________  at _____________(address)

• 6 posts
    August 17, 2018 8:07 AM PDT

Beth - We have a 3 minute daily program called Point Of Law that runs on small market stations all over the country.  90% of the stations have lawyer oriented sponsors that have sponsored the show for 10+ years. True long-term contracts.  Unfortunately, most lawyer commercials are not very compelling because most people deny that they actually need a lawyer.  A vehicle for your spots that attracts the attention of the listener and provides entertaining legal information around your clients spots may be the issue. Most of our stations have run the program for over 10 years and have had the same sponsor for the entire time.  Send me your email address and I will send you more info and a demo.  My email is dave@transmediasf.com

• 2 posts
    August 17, 2018 8:15 AM PDT

Rebecca - the first thing to do is to pick either the phone number or website. Do not use both.

As for the intent of the spot itself, what exactly are they selling? They're driving people away from pain, which virtually everyone on the planet will pay for.

"When you and your spouse can't reconcile your differences, yelling at each other or giving the silent treatment just makes things worse. It might be time to consider a mediator. When you bring in a neutral third party to hear your side, you and your spouse each receive a private and confidential way to reach a settlement. It also saves on costly court expenses...which is one thing you both just might agree upon. (Then add in the lawyers and one method of contact. 

Hope that helps.

Tim

This post was edited by Tim Burt at August 17, 2018 8:16 AM PDT