What Do You Do When You Feel You Are Stuck?

• 1373 posts
    November 29, 2018 2:19 PM PST

This question from Lisbeth Carreon:

What do you do when you feel you are stuck?

This post was edited by Rebecca Hunt at November 29, 2018 2:20 PM PST
    • 1373 posts
    November 29, 2018 10:36 PM PST

Two posts that might be helpful: 8 Ways to Fight a Sales Slump and What's Your Best Strategy for Breaking out of a Sales Slump? Looking forward to hearing other members' advice!

• 121 posts
    November 30, 2018 6:30 AM PST

First off, we've all been there.  The semi-retired radio veteran in my office and the new person with less than a year in this business has had it.  

Answers:

Plan your days and weeks.

Set aside time to research companies you want to prospect so you know who to ask for when you call on them.

Set aside time to actually prospect.

Set aside time to follow up and follow through.

If your station has advertisers that are not on the air right now, find out why and include them in your prospecting.

Create activity.  Don't hide in your office or behind your laptop, but get out and meet people.

A simple line I ask when reaching out, is:  Hi, my name is Scott Howard, are you working with anyone from WOWO Radio on your advertising and marketing?

If the answer is no, then I work towards setting up an appointment for a future date.  If the answer is yes, I ask who they are working with and if that person is one of my teammates, I tell the business person they are in good hands.  I also mention to the other sales person that I spoke with _____ and put a good word in for them.

Right now is a crazy time with only a limited number of work days left in the year and my goal is to take care of current clients and lay a foundation for 2019.  Unless a retailer is not busy right now (and they should be), I want to lay groundwork for 2019.  If a retailer is not busy, then they may have an immediate need and I'm there to help.

I mentioned my team mates.  Even though we compete, we also support each other.  Hopefully you are in a place that has a similar work environment.

Personally 2017, was my best year ever and I had high hopes for an even better 2018.  When things didn't work out that way, I had doubts as to what was wrong.  

In the end, I was not following thru with the answers I mentioned at the beginning of my post.  And even though I felt like I was only performing at about half of what I did last year, I'll end up 2018 with at least 89% of last years record year.

• 170 posts
    November 30, 2018 11:10 AM PST

I do comedy. I watch Gaffigan, Chapelle Show, et al on YouTube.  

I also pull up funny ad campaigns like the Bob Uecker Budwieser ads, the older FedEx ads and the like.

Laughing frees my mind and keeps me from overthinking.

• 1 posts
    December 3, 2018 11:00 AM PST
    Thank you so much scott Howard. Very helpful and motivating.
    • 4 posts
    September 20, 2019 8:22 AM PDT

I have not experienced this myself, With the right programs by your side, you can navigate this easily... more info at... https://influence.fm/