Friday Poll: What's Your Favorite Coffee Mug?

• 1373 posts
    November 29, 2018 2:47 PM PST

Happy Friday, everyone! We wanted to kick off the holiday season with a poll question that's a little different (many thanks to our radio friend Chris Rohloff for the idea for this question!).

Since this is a "café" after all, we'd like to know:

What is your favorite coffee mug?

Please share a picture of your favorite cup (or a selfie of you holding it!) and let us know what your hot beverage of choice is, and we'll enter all replies into a drawing for a fun prize in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to seeing your answers!

P.S. I was hard-pressed to decide which of my coffee cups is my favorite, since I have been given many special ones over the years, but I particularly like the shape and style of this one, and find that it's ideal for coffee (preferably with flavored creamer and accompanied by a Lindor truffle) as well as herbal tea.

This post was edited by Rebecca Hunt at November 29, 2018 10:31 PM PST
    • 121 posts
    November 30, 2018 6:01 AM PST

Most of my coffee is from a coffee shop these days, so....

• 14 posts
    November 30, 2018 7:15 AM PST

Never touch the stuff myself. 30 years of doing a morning show and I have never been able to stand coffee breath.

• 1373 posts
    November 30, 2018 9:47 AM PST

From Steve Peterson: tea with honey, never coffee

• 1373 posts
    November 30, 2018 11:32 AM PST

From Dr. Michael W. Prince:

• 1373 posts
    November 30, 2018 2:25 PM PST

From Joe Lyons: Which is my favorite cup? That's hard to answer because for a while there I would get a cup from every client that I had on the air. They pile up after a while. But they look great on the shelf. There's a story behind every one.

• 8 posts
    December 3, 2018 2:04 PM PST

A past client of mine bought this for me.  I love the wording inside "Do what you like -- Like what you do!!"    And, I do! 

This post was edited by Sue Engelhardt at December 14, 2018 8:37 AM PST
    • 1373 posts
    December 3, 2018 2:52 PM PST

From Kurt Kaniewski:

Here's my favorite coffee mug. Survived a lot of stations with me. Was made by a potter, wife of a morning show dude I used to work with at WAKR in Akron. Made only for me. Might be the only one in existence. So captures the rigors of a writing/production dude on "one of those days"  

• 12 posts
    December 7, 2018 2:20 PM PST

I have two of these, first one got dented up too much.  They keep coffee hot in a cold truck, keeps water cold in a motorcycle tour pack on a hot day.  Like ads for a credit card in the 70's, I never leave home with out it.   

This post was edited by Todd Holen at December 7, 2018 2:20 PM PST
    • 1373 posts
    December 17, 2018 2:20 PM PST

Congratulations to Steve Peterson, whose "mug shot" was the winner in our drawing. Steve will be getting a box of assorted Lindor truffles - which he promises to share with the rest of the office. :-)

Thanks to everyone who participated in this drawing . . . Merry Christmas!

This post was edited by Rebecca Hunt at December 17, 2018 2:36 PM PST