Forums » Radio Sales Employment Opportunities

GSM opportunity with Curtis Media Group / Raleigh

• 26 posts
    August 23, 2019 10:54 AM PDT

Got approached for this, but I'm as happy as a clam where I am. Thought I would share (with permission from recruiter) in the event it might help someone else in the industry.

Contact: Tyler McCain / 615-364-4231 / tyler@sierra-marketing.com

Pulse/STAR FM General Sales Manager
    Curtis Media Group stations Pulse 96.9/102.5 FM and STAR 92.9 FM seek a new General Sales Manager for our CHR/Hot AC combination in the Raleigh-Durham market. We are seeking a manager who will lead from in front, and has a proven track record in hiring, training, coaching, growing and retaining top sales talent.

Station Overview
    Pulse FM was launched a decade ago as a CHR station, going up against legacy station WDCG (G105). The station has grown to become a top player with A18-34, as well as the broader A18-49 and A25-54 demographics. In the just released June ratings, Pulse FM is ranked #3 A18-34 full week, and is #2 in mornings, beating G105. The station takes a more music approach, and programming is lead by a very talented Program Director in Jud Heussler.
    STAR FM was launched in mid-June as a Hot AC on 92.9 FM which is a new FM frequency to the market. The station also benefits from additional coverage through 100.3 FM and it’s originating station, AM 570, WPLW-AM. This station also takes a more music approach, and is a natural brand extension of the younger Pulse FM brand. Charlotte-based Bob & Sheri anchor the station in mornings, and we have every expectation their ratings in Raleigh will be similar to their ratings in other North Carolina markets including Charlotte and Fayetteville. Jud Heussler is also program director of this station.

Sales Approach
    We have had much success in managing our brands individually and taking a very customer-centric approach to sales. Rather than a cluster, share-oriented everyone-sell-everything approach, we expect our managers to lead a sales team which focuses on the advertising customer’s opportunity with that specific station’s consumer group. This sales team should consist of six to eight salespeople.

Revenue Opportunities
    These stations in combination should be billing over $4.5m once they are fully developed.