Forums » COVID-19 Roundtable

Friday Poll: Back in the Office or Still Working from Home?

• 1384 posts
    June 12, 2020 12:18 AM PDT

Happy Friday, everyone! Here is this week's poll question, in two parts:

1) Are you back in the office yet, or are you still working from home?

(If the latter, bonus points for sharing a picture of your home office here.)

2) How are you connecting with clients and prospects - phone, email, videoconferencing, in-person meetings?

We look forward to reading your replies!

• 105 posts
    June 12, 2020 8:38 AM PDT

At the station where I sell, I am not required to be in the office. I write copy from home, have my own cell number that is always with me and I use a company email to communicate with clients from my home computer. I handle turning in orders and such by email. I do stop off checks but normally outside morning drive, the station is locked up even before Covid-19.

During the previous months we were all asked to work from home. I found some clients (a few) had no issue with a visit in person. With face mask and sanitizer, I continued to make in personal calls, all with 'distancing'. I probably was at 20% of my average weekly mileage. 

I learned I always do better with a personal visit. Phone calls and emails can go unanswered but a quick visit gets an answer on the spot. Most of the time it is as simple as 'did you get my email or phone message' and a quick 'can be do this?'. I' still not back to mileage numbers pre-Covid, but I'm at about 75%.

In my area most all businesses are open. Most banks and a few restaurants remain drive-thru only but almost everyone else is business as usual. There seems to be a lot less concern over the virus because in our county less than .5 of 1% have had it and all have recovered with zero hospitalizations. Only 2.5% of the population has been tested. There's an underlying feeling that the virus was not as bad or as easy to catch as first thought but those same people fear a second wave.

Sales are still tough but there is optimism. Most are scared to start that campaign now given the unknown at the moment but many are realizing the importance of advertising to help re-establish old buying habits and create new ones. 

I think the most important thing we can tell potential clients at this time is the shutdown caused a change in buying habits. Businesses need to make an effort to restore those habits now before their competitors create new buying habits among their pre-Covid customers. This is something I'm saying in person.

• 1384 posts
    June 15, 2020 2:32 PM PDT

From Dianna Smith: We are not back to work in full capacity as of yet. I am eager to get our numbers back up as soon as possible. The Radio Cafe' has been a big help to me. So thanks!

From Tom Robinson: WXGM has a small staff, everyone has been in everyday during covid 19, really no changes except billing, it's down over last year after having a really nice first quarter. Hopefully things will change.