Forums » Award-winning Radio Ads

Puget Sound Radio Broadcasters Association Winner

• 1114 posts
    April 7, 2010 2:47 PM PDT
    Just found out a few minutes ago that this commercial I wrote and produced last year for a local printer took the "Best Copywriting" (Radio) award at the PSRBA SOUNDIES Awards yesterday.

Hope you like it!

-Rod

• 65 posts
    April 9, 2010 5:58 AM PDT
    Nicely done. A story well-told.
    • 8 posts
    September 17, 2010 5:48 AM PDT
    Nice imaging...very "colorful".
    • 1114 posts
    September 17, 2010 11:06 AM PDT
    John,

Thanks - very kind of you. I submitted this as one of my 3 entries to this year's Mercury Awards - alas, the judges weren't so keen on it. But we do the work to meet our clients' needs, first and foremost, and any artistic recognition that may ensue is just frosting on the cake.

How are things in Waupaca? Used to enjoy driving to/through Wisconsin when I lived in Chicago, and later in Winona, MN. Do you happen to know Rick Charles, who owns the WRJC stations in Mauston? He was my boss at one time, a radio lifer.

Thanks again - don't be a stranger.

-Rod
    • 8 posts
    September 17, 2010 12:22 PM PDT
    I am an admirer of art, no doubt.

Being a greenhorn in the biz, I only know the neighboring station owners in Stevens Point, Shawano/Clintonville and Berlin/Wautoma/Oshkosh. Nice being the only station for at least a 25- mile radius. Some cross-over territory, but we still "own" the immediate Waupaca area. Gives one the feeling we won't be having to go anywhere anytime soon.

Pretty content in small-market-ville for now. I'm originally from the Twin Cities metropolis with LOTS of television and radio. Much quieter life style over here.

We could use some more creativity around here, though. Nice to be able to tap in to some inspiration via radio sales cafe'.

-jh
    • 1114 posts
    September 17, 2010 12:36 PM PDT
    Glad you found us. There are so many talented people among our members, and so much enthusiasm for our medium, as you explore the various discussions and forums you'll find lots of good ideas, articles, commercial and promotion ideas, and so forth to help you become a valuable resource to your clients. And, of course, don't hesitate to ask for help when you need it. I'm constantly amazed at how supportive so many of our members are to one another!