Nobody wants to buy advertising but.....

• 8 posts
    March 28, 2011 2:57 PM PDT

There are times when we get caught up in spending too much time selling radio and not enough time creating good ideas that make sense for businesses.  Nobody wants to buy advertising but everyone wants a great idea for their business.  The most recent example is a local hospital that a number of reps have been calling on but could never get them on.  After my initial investigation and discovering they spend 90% of their ad budget on direct mail, I knew I could make a great case for Radio and I had a good idea in mind.  The idea was a series of health tips from Grace Broadcast Services.  They immediately loved the idea (I offered it exclusively at a premium) and completely understood how this could fill a major gap in their branding campaign.  The result was a $34,000 annual and a very excited new client.  This is not brain surgery.  The next time you need a great idea for a client, I would suggest paying a visit to the following link...Sales Campaigns – Radio Features You Can Sell | Grace Broadcast Sales.  It's the easiest selling you can ever do because all you do is push a button.

Admin: Don graciously shared his proposal with us; you can view it below:

Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 3:

Page 4:

This post was edited by Rebecca Hunt at February 16, 2024 3:59 PM PST
    • 993 posts
    March 28, 2011 3:50 PM PDT

Don,

Thanks very much for the ringing endorsement of GBS - and congratulations on your sale.  Packaging the different health tips into a single exclusive sponsorship for your hospital makes perfect sense (obviously—you have the $34K contract to prove it!) - it solves their branding problem and opens a significant new relationship.  Well done!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your success story.  We really appreciate your feedback!

Cordially,

Rod

• 14 posts
    December 1, 2011 6:38 AM PST

Don. Great Job! I would love to see a copy of the proposal you put together.

Fletcher M. Ford

[email protected]

• 8 posts
    December 1, 2011 7:21 AM PST

Hi Fletcher.  Attached is my proposal.  I always try to keep them simple, direct and point out the major benefits of the plan. The easiest way to sell Radio is still pushing the button.  Take care.

Don

• 14 posts
    December 1, 2011 7:22 AM PST

Thank you! Have a great Holiday.

• 21 posts
    January 1, 2018 2:29 PM PST

I would love to see this proposal as well if you still have this around. [email protected] 

• 11 posts
    January 5, 2018 11:59 AM PST

I too would love to see this as well, if you don't mind sharing. [email protected]

• December 30, 2018 12:14 PM PST

I recently acquired a hospital account and I too would very much appreciate seeing your winning proposal: [email protected]

Thank you and Happy New Year!

• 1373 posts
    January 24, 2019 9:26 PM PST

Don graciously shared his proposal with us, and it's now part of his original post.