Forums » Award-winning Radio Ads

This year's winner

• 65 posts
    May 3, 2011 3:36 AM PDT
    I've added another PAB winner to my collection.  It's my third in six years and second one in a row.  Yesterday I received the award for best PSA at the PAB awards luncheon at the Hershey Hotel.  Worth listening to, I've attached it.   
    • 1114 posts
    May 3, 2011 10:19 AM PDT

Nicely done, David!

Gotta ask: is the cop in the spot really a cop or is he a radio producer with a mellifluous baritone playing the role?  Obviously he sounds very polished and professional.

As an aside, our Pullman mayor is also a former TV news anchor and a 30-year broadcast prof at the Edward R. Murrow School of Communications here at WSU. He sounds different from most mayors I've heard.  We collaborate on a few projects each year, including the annual National Lentil Festival radio campaigns. You might enjoy this spot from 2009, as it's related to the same topic as your spot here, though in an entirely different way.

Congratulations on your award, David - well deserved!

-Rod

• 65 posts
    May 3, 2011 12:39 PM PDT
    I think he was a cop in a previous life.  Right now he is one of about a 500 strong voicebank that our production company draws on.  But our state police are fine with that. 
    • 65 posts
    May 6, 2011 2:45 AM PDT

I was remiss in not mentioning that Jinny Laderer owner of vCreative was the producer, again. 

• 74 posts
    May 6, 2011 7:38 AM PDT
    Well done!
    • 22 posts
    October 24, 2013 3:21 PM PDT

David,

I am new to this site and have just listened to this commercial. Great work!! I only got to hear it once before it disappeared but i'd love to hear it again if you still have it on file?

Cheers

• 65 posts
    October 26, 2013 6:09 AM PDT

Hi Owen,

Go to my page and it's number 8 on my list.  Glad you liked it. 

• 22 posts
    November 5, 2013 8:53 PM PST

Cheers