Any good copy or promotional ideas for a locally owned jewelry s

• 6 posts
    July 8, 2011 4:48 AM PDT
    This client hasn't done alot of advertising since they opened.....they hit it hard for 2 months then stopped.  They are ready to start again.  Doesn't want any gimmicks or "sales" commercials.
    • 52 posts
    July 8, 2011 5:34 AM PDT

Get "Secret Formulas of the Wizard of Ads" by Roy H. Williams and check the index for jewelry stores.  Williams talks specifically about non-sale ads for jewery stores and how to help create year-round demand.  (including the "no reason at all holiday").

Neil

• 6 posts
    July 8, 2011 6:39 AM PDT

Thanks Neil.........I do have one of the Wizard of Ads books............will check it out!

• 25 posts
    July 13, 2011 11:49 AM PDT

Hi Lori - We've found the best way to get a client 'locked in' to radio is by providing them with a custom signature they can use to build equity in their 'brand'.  As more of your listeners get to know it, they walk into your client's store humming the jingle.  And for the first time, your client will be able to 'measure' radio.  Both of these examples are locally-owned, one-location businesses.  Both of them have become regular radio users as a result of the success they've seen.

1. Opal Fields - Honolulu HI - one location, specializing in opals and fine gemstones.  Because opals are mined primarily in Australia, you'll hear some didgeridoo in there!

2. VandelDool Jewellers - St. Catharines ON Canada - specializing in diamonds and engagement rings.

Let me know if you'd like some more - jewellery is one of our biggest categories.

• 8 posts
    July 15, 2011 1:27 PM PDT
    For a Jewelry store that didn't want any gimmicks or "cheapest jewelry around" stuff... I sold a promotion that included me stopping by the store once a week and sitting down with the owner or a knowledgeable salesperson and actually talking about why their diamonds were the best (lazer engraving of serial numbers, guaranteed "C" value..color carat etc) and recorded those conversations. Produced them and they used the procedure for a long time. Then expanded to include everything else.. china during wedding season, certain gifts for confirmation.. etc.. etc.. Its a thought anyway.
    • 6 posts
    July 18, 2011 7:10 AM PDT
    Thanks Rick!  I appreciate your help!  Have a happy day!
    • 6 posts
    July 25, 2011 6:45 AM PDT

Thanks so much for sharing Rebecca!!

• 135 posts
    July 25, 2011 8:39 AM PDT

Panning for Diamonds is always a huge hit... have a bowl of CZ stones with a couple real diamonds in there. Those who find the real diamonds win them! They can then pay to have the diamond set in any piece they want.

Focus on the beauty of a dimond. And how it makes a woman feel. Hunting season is coming..you can talk about how for guys its guns and hunting that get them excited.. for wives its jewelry!  YOu could use my above idea and call it "hunting" for diamonds.

Maybe try to help them come up with a tag line for thier commercials... that usually helps sell a campaign too.. soemthing they can make thier own and listeners can begin to identify with them!

• 6 posts
    July 25, 2011 11:15 AM PDT

Great ideas!  The do have a tag line......."where the difference is service.......and knowledge".  It works to differentiate them from the chain jewelry stores.  I like the "panning and hunting" idea alot.......thank you so much.

Have a happy day!

Lori

• 6 posts
    July 27, 2011 6:35 AM PDT

Oh Amy I love it!!!  Don't know if I can get the client to do it.............but I am sure going to try!!!!!  Thank you very much for the idea.

Have a happy day!

Lori

• 1373 posts
    September 18, 2014 10:45 AM PDT

Incidentally, Roy Williams is making the "Secret Formulas of the Wizard of Ads" along with two other of his books, available as FREE downloads here: http://www.rhw.com/youll-laugh-youll-cry/