Radio Recruitment, Where to Start?

• 20 posts
    July 23, 2009 7:59 AM PDT
    I am interested in beginning some radio recruitment ads here in our small group of stations. Anyone out there doing this? Can you share some tips, advice, etc on how you went about this, where to start, and anything else that might be helpful. What I mean by Radio Recruitment is to start selling ads to respective employers looking to hire. Like a "Help Wanted" type ad /radio classifieds. For all types of industries and employers. Sorry for not being more specific..any ideas??
    • 4 posts
    July 23, 2009 10:42 AM PDT
    Our cluster of stations have done very well with radio recruitment with the help of Chris Stonick. He is the real deal and a quick Google search can help you get his information.

Our radio recruitment has landed huge accounts including Pepsi at 4k a month, Accent Marketing (a call center) at 12k a month (largest account I have ever seen in this market size), and many more successes.

Good luck!
    • 19 posts
    July 23, 2009 11:49 AM PDT
    Recruiting Salespeople? Or just building a recuiting platform for potential clients? We use our radio stations a lot for hiring new reps. Usually one of our sales managers cut the spot. We run them for about 3 weeks at a time 10/per day, with respondents sending resumes to a "sales@" email account. Once they email us, they automatically receive a repsonse that describes how tough the job in and what they can expect. This weeks some people out. At the bottom, it ask them to send 3 reasons why we should meet them.
    • 20 posts
    July 23, 2009 12:33 PM PDT
    What I meant by Radio Recruitment was to start selling ads to respective employers looking to hire. Like a "Help Wanted" type ad /radio classifieds. For all types of industries and employers. Sorry for not being more specific..any ideas??
    • 6 posts
    July 23, 2009 6:48 PM PDT
    What was the focus of the Accent Marketing campaign?
    • 6 posts
    July 23, 2009 6:57 PM PDT
    I'm not sure that there's a great solution for this in general...It just depends so much on the position the company is recruiting for...That significantly changes the demographic and psychographic elements you'd need to focus on in a spot to make the campaign successful (since there are tons of people out there looking for jobs...but the companies what the RIGHT kind of person). What is it about "Help Wanted" ads that you think has a good $ potential in this market?....That might help us to come up with more specific ideas!
    • 3 posts
    July 24, 2009 10:53 AM PDT
    Hi Marissa,
    I've attached the flyer we use with HRs. We use this as a standalone opportunity and as part of a ComRel package we discuss with area industries.
    Greg Hiti
    • 20 posts
    July 24, 2009 11:07 AM PDT
    Jim, my email is [email protected]. Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated!
  • March 13, 2013 8:22 AM PDT

I am working on this please send me some ..Thank u.

[email protected]

• 993 posts
    August 18, 2016 8:00 PM PDT

There's a great article on using radio for recruitment advertising, published August 16, 2016 on PersonnelToday.com, entitled "RECRUITMENT ADVERTISING: UNLEASHING THE POWER OF AUDIO."

It begins:

To mark the launch of a brand new category in the upcoming RAD Awards, Personnel Today was invited to an exclusive workshop hosted by Global Radio, the UK’s largest commercial radio owner, on the impact of audio in recruitment advertising. Peter Crush reports.

If you think radio ads no longer have the power to arrest, entertain or even inspire, then maybe you haven’t listened to what some of the leading brands have broadcast over the airwaves in the last few years.

According to Jo McCrostie, creative director at Global Radio, which recently hosted an exclusive workshop on the power of audio in recruitment advertising, audio ads can not only be used to target specific audiences, but can also be highly creative, impactful, and help your audience build a mental picture of what it would be like to work for your brand.

This one's a keeper! You might want to print it out sooner than later. These things sometimes disappear after a few months to free up server space.

Here's a link to the article.