Friday Poll: Are You an RAB Member, and If So. . . .

• 1373 posts
    July 24, 2009 9:32 AM PDT
    This week's Friday poll is a two-part question:

1. Are you an RAB member?

2a. If so, what RAB resource(s) do you use the most?

and

2b. If not, why not?

Thanks for your participation!
    • 112 posts
    July 24, 2009 10:32 AM PDT
    1. Yes
    2a. Coop directory, RST, and Articles on Demand
    • 3 posts
    July 24, 2009 10:43 AM PDT
    Rebecca, North of the border we have a service provided by The Radio Marketing Bureau (www.rmb.ca). The materials are directed a little more towards Canadian Business and success stories, BUT NOT exclusive to Canada, alot of their resource information is American based industry information and success stories as well...probably from The RAB ..Although not much difference between "Client Objections" on either side of the border. Corporately we have membership with The RAB, I personally have not used their services since Astral Media took over Standard Radio Inc. just over a year ago...Astral Media has an incredible Research dept...
    • 51 posts
    July 24, 2009 11:08 AM PDT
    I was in Radio sales for 34 years and was always a member of the RAB. I still receive the daily Sales Tip e-mail and share topics with my clients. (Be a resource.) I found the Instant Background an extremely effective tool.

Jerry Frentress
    AKA "The Power Tools Guy"
    • 20 posts
    July 24, 2009 11:15 AM PDT
    YES!! I find most of the content on their website useful at diferent times in different scenarios. I most often refer to the articles, daily sales tip email, backgrounds,Coop info, and sometimes when blocked I go to the creative info for ideas.
  • July 24, 2009 11:56 AM PDT
    1) yes (40 years)
    2a) articles on demand; media tools; instant backgrounds; competitive media; sales meetings; training
    ideas and creative
    • 2 posts
    July 24, 2009 11:59 AM PDT
    I've been an RAB member for 4 years! And I love that website! It's hard to say what part of it I use the most because it seems like I find something new on there all the time. I do like to create custom profiles for my clients. Check it out...its under "Competitive Media".
  • July 24, 2009 1:18 PM PDT
    Yes and client category profiles...and newspaper stats...
    • 993 posts
    July 24, 2009 5:00 PM PDT
    I purchased a personal membership shortly after RAB announced them a month or two ago.

Most used: research articles, industry briefs, and I enjoy poking around the commercial archives when I can.
    • 1 posts
    January 21, 2015 12:53 PM PST

I am a member of RAB.  I gather a lot of information about co-op....  Also I like to use their copy to help me refresh when I'm having a brain block....

• January 23, 2015 5:16 AM PST

Used to be....   then the conventions began to lack... the best people from the RAB left... everything they charge for can be found elsewhere free.. so I saved the money.

• 121 posts
    June 21, 2019 12:59 PM PDT

Each of the three radio companies I have been with since 2003 have been members.

I get the daily email and a few times a month find the stories they link to helpful.

I used to use the RAB website to get instant background info and offer it to potential clients like this:

I have a resource that tells me a lot about your industry that you would probably find interesting.  Let's take a look at some of these findings and see how you compare to the typical (HVAC) dealer.

This would be a good way to start a CNA and find what made them different and also helped them determine how they were doing in comparison to others in their field.

• 14 posts
    June 21, 2019 1:50 PM PDT

Yes  we are members,  we get good industry news but  they tend to publish too much, I would rather  they publish to provide new information rather than publish to meet a deadline.   Less would be more.