The World's Longest Yard Sales

• 108 posts
    March 18, 2014 8:42 AM PDT

Radio Sales Cafe Members,,

Good morning to you ... I hope you have a very profitable week. 

This Week's Sales Tip: The World's Longest Yard Sale has been announced for 2014 (8/1 - 8/10) ... Starting in Hudson, Michigan to Gadsden, Alabama - almost 700 miles along US Highway 127. You can see more info at www.127Sale.com

You can pull off a local version of The World's Longest Yard Sale in your local market. Yard Sales are very popular and they are pretty simple to organize. Schedule your Ultimate Yard Sale for a Saturday in October and target a great location/sponsor like an Auto Dealer, Airport, Golf Course or your local Park District. Table space can be sold for $25 and donate the proceeds to your favorite charity like The American Cancer Society or The Children's Miracle Network.

A local sponsor will pay big dollars for the on-air exposure, foot traffic and good will that you bring to the table with The Ultimate Yard Sale.

Jingle Of The Week ... Here's a copy of the new feel good jingle we just produced for a paint and decorating center in Illinois called Splash Of Color. Feel free to listen to this new jingle by clicking here or download it here and play it for a few of your toughest prospects. Let me know if you'd like any additional jingle samples in any business category under the sun. I'll shoot some jingles right back at you! 

Jim Reilly / President

American Music Concepts

[email protected]

P 732-604-8625

• 32 posts
    March 19, 2014 12:22 PM PDT

This event has piqued my interest. I don't think we would need a "local version" since the starting point of the 127 sale is within the listening area of our station. I would love to put something together to drive traffic to the area, but I'm not really sure where to begin.

Should I contact businesses in the Hudson/Addison area even though the point is to bring people to the sale and not necessarily their business?
    Should I try contact people within a close proximity that might setting up for the sale along the route and pool their resources for advertising to their area?
    Or should I contact the Fentress County Chamber of Commerce- who is taking sponsorships on the 127 sale website at $300 a piece?

I'm just fishing for ideas here. Any suggestions?