Friday Poll: Does Your Station Have a Mobile App?

• 41 posts
    April 3, 2014 11:29 PM PDT

Happy Friday, everyone!

Here is this week's poll question:

Does your station have a mobile app, and if so, how has it been received?

Also, wed love it if you would please share a link to it.

Looking forward to reading your replies!

• 5 posts
    April 4, 2014 4:08 AM PDT

Yes, in all the app stores. More people listen with apps compared to the station's web site and etc. Also the apps provide revenue every time they are used. I am a radio consultant and a team member at http://www.radiojar.com/?a_aid=jhs. I always stress to my clients to have their apps ready to go after they know their stream info.

• 11 posts
    April 4, 2014 6:59 AM PDT

As a small rural community radio station, we have our challenges; but when you've been able to brand yourself as THE information station for the area, people listen.  Our stations started streaming in January, and we're not disappointed - filling advertising slots on both streams, broadcasting HS ball games from 7 area high schools; this is becoming an excellent revenue stream for us.  Here is our link:  http://www.siouxcountyradio.com/mobileapps.html

• 993 posts
    April 4, 2014 1:17 PM PDT

One for each station, with direct links to both the Apple Store and the Google Play Store from the station website.

I have them on both an iPhone and an Android phone, and the sound is terrific. More and more people are using them, too.  We even had a sports trivia winner call in from Los Angeles a while back!

Fifty years ago, we were listening to our favorite stations (mine were WLS and WCFL in Chicago) on our 9-volt Zenith transistor radios.  Now we're doing it again on our smartphones.  This came home with full force one night last year when I was listening to Dick Biondi live on WLS-FM from the phone next to my bed.  Deja Vu, indeed.

• 180 posts
    April 4, 2014 1:38 PM PDT

Both KSPA & KFSD are available on iTunes and Android. I love it when people ask things like "Can I pick it up here?" and I pick up my Cell phone and play it for them.