Friday Poll: What Are YOUR "Three Words to Live By"?

• 1373 posts
    August 21, 2014 11:50 PM PDT

Happy Friday, everyone!

This week’s question was inspired by a recent article by sales trainer Jim Meisenheimer, in which he referred to Steve Calechman, author of “Three Words to Live By,” who contends that many important pieces of advice can be delivered in just three words, e.g., “Write it down,” "Check the oil," and “Call your mom.”  Jim decided to adapt this form to sales advice and came up with a list of such gems as, “Always be early,” “Qualify your prospects,” and “Smile when talking.”

So we thought this would make a fun poll question:

What are YOUR favorite "three words to live by"?

Looking forward to reading your answers!

• 42 posts
    August 22, 2014 3:45 AM PDT
    “I'M FOR TRUTH
  • August 22, 2014 3:56 AM PDT

Do it now!

• 12 posts
    August 22, 2014 4:05 AM PDT

Learned it in High School, stuck with me, the man who said it, on the last day of High School, said this,  If you can remember these 3 words you will go far......

'Do It Now'

I know it helped a lot.   (Did I obey 100%, of course not, Yet, the older I get, the more I do it now)

• 12 posts
    August 22, 2014 4:07 AM PDT

Wow, just posted mine and saw yours.    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/psi%20phenomena

• 49 posts
    August 22, 2014 4:26 AM PDT

I will offer two:

1) ALWAYS BE CLOSING

2) PRACTICE - DRILL - REHEARSE

I was once told that "closing" starts with hello and if you really think about it that is true.  In a real sales situation you never know which pearl of wisdom that comes out of your mouth is going to ring the clients "yes" button .. so "closing starts with hello".  The second is simple .. sellers constantly need to fine tune their sales presentation .. so .. in my opinion.. it is very important that sellers not only know the product but "HOW" to present it .. P-D-R Practice Drill and Rehearse.  Have a great day!

• 14 posts
    August 22, 2014 5:41 AM PDT

I Accept Responsibility

• 9 posts
    August 22, 2014 5:49 AM PDT

Commit to it!

follow me on twitter @sonnyholcomb

• 11 posts
    August 22, 2014 6:05 AM PDT

It's about relationships

• 56 posts
    August 22, 2014 6:25 AM PDT

There are "sales speak" three words of wisdom; then there are non sales speak 3 words of wisdom.

I prefer 3 words of wisdom that aren't readily perceived as sales speak; yet they carry huge weight and importance in the sales arena as a highly prized skill-set to live by in radio.

"Tell a story"

and

" Make an impression"   

• 21 posts
    August 22, 2014 7:46 AM PDT

Swift to listen.

• August 22, 2014 9:23 AM PDT

DO UNTO OTHERS.

• 2 posts
    August 22, 2014 11:05 AM PDT

Just do it

• 11 posts
    August 22, 2014 12:42 PM PDT

"The Holstee Manifesto" That's three words

• 7 posts
    August 24, 2014 7:02 AM PDT

"Everything is copy" (it'll be on my urn)

• 2 posts
    August 24, 2014 7:55 AM PDT

Love God first

Do not procrastinate

Practice your pitch

• 180 posts
    August 27, 2014 12:29 PM PDT

Perception is reality.