Movie Theaters

• 17 posts
    September 2, 2014 9:40 AM PDT

Hello all,

I had good luck the last time I reached out to this group so I am doing it again.

I have two things:

1) I am working with a movie theater client. Could you please share with me some fun ideas that you may have done with a movie theater before, or fun promotions or something else you may have planned out for an annual plan?

2) What are some fun/unique promotions you guys do in 4th quarter to generate more sales?

I appreciate your ideas and look forward to reading the comments below

Kind Regards,

Melissa Strutz

Seehafer Broadcasting

[email protected]

• 7 posts
    September 5, 2014 4:30 AM PDT

Hey Melissa!

A couple of years ago, we did a KIDS Christmas Film Series where on two or three successive Saturday mornings leading up to Christmas Eve we showed holiday or kids films for free at the local Marcus Theater.

We got a list of available movies from the theater and determined how much those would cost. We then went out and sold sponsorships for the movies to local businesses to cover the film costs...the local chamber hopped on board as a co-sponsor too.

We also used it as a food drive for the local pantry, you needed to bring a non-perishable food item in order to gain admission. The final year we did it we had almost 1500 pounds of food we donated.

If you have any questions, send me a message.

I worked for Don Seehafer back in the 80's when he owned a couple stations in Rochester MN...I owe him a solid!

• 17 posts
    September 5, 2014 6:30 AM PDT

OH wow what a small world that you worked for Don.  Don is still here.  He comes to work every day.  He likes to keep an eye on all of us!

Could you please send me the proposal you have for the movie promo.  I really like this idea and I think it's a great idea.  Would like to see how you put it together and what you had charged sponsors.

Thanks,

Melissa

Seehafer Broadcasting

[email protected]

• September 19, 2014 7:26 AM PDT

Hi Bob, this sounds like a really great promotion. I work in a small community and I'm always looking for ways to help our local kids and our Community Pantry. Would you be willing to also send me your information and what you charged sponsors.

Thank you

Sylvester Paquin  

[email protected]

• 3 posts
    September 22, 2014 1:39 PM PDT

If you still have this proposal, I would really be interested in a copy of it.  Something I def need for our little ole town theatre. Could you please send me a copy??? 

[email protected]