Digital Dollars

• 7 posts
    December 17, 2014 8:53 PM PST

Are you asking for digital dollars?  Are you giving away space and impressions on your station's website?  Looking for input on what you're doing to cash in on your digital footprint..... GO

• 455 posts
    December 19, 2014 8:43 AM PST

We are definitely asking for digital dollars. This is where the growth rate for radio is at.

We've redone all of our websites, made them easier to sell, and added a social media product. We've made a big investment there and plan to market the new websites extensively on our on products and elsewhere. We've got to get a ROI.

One of my pet peeves is radio stations giving away space on websites and tossing in free remotes.

• 89 posts
    December 19, 2014 10:55 AM PST

Fantastic, Jack!

• 89 posts
    December 19, 2014 10:59 AM PST

YES! Just spoke with someone at the office about this yesterday.

When the client or prospect says, "we're cutting back our radio budget in 2015..." or worse, "cutting radio from the budget altogether," the automatic response should be, "I understand, but I'm here to talk about digital solutions, not broadcast solutions. Your digital marketing budget is what will be at hand, not your radio budget."

Most clients don't have segmented budgets that go deeper than "marketing/advertising." But some do, like Ford. Ford is REQUIRED to spend a certain % of the total ad budget in digital. We've been able to get some of that budget on our station. Internet streaming + streaming video ads = digital $$. Radio stations reach listeners in SO MANY ways beyond :30 and :60 ads. Use those opportunities to capture a social media budget, web budget, digital budget, cause-marketing budget, etc.

• 1 posts
    January 14, 2015 10:08 AM PST

Hi-I would like to introduce myself and our company GeoTraffic Network.  We are changing the way traffic is reported and hope to provide Broadcast Radio a relevant digital platform as well as a new revenue stream that did not previously exist.  In short, we deliver our reports on a Road basis (we also provide a broadcast solution). As we deliver our naturally geo fenced road reports via our API, we can deliver a live read geo targeted billboard and post report ad. In Philadelphia, our reports are sold out at $30 CPE's. With a revenue share, that results in a $10 CPE to a station partner.  Easily integrated into existing mobile apps or in the right situation, a white labeled traffic app, even pure music stations can now compete for a piece of the $350M traffic revenue in play.  If interested, please reach out to me to discuss- thanks!