Snowblower Giveaway

• November 5, 2009 9:30 AM PST
    We have two snowblowers (Traded Out) that we need to come up with a promotion to giveaway. I have done it before, with lawnmowers, snowmobiles, 4-wheelers, jetskis, etc, but we are always looking for new
    and exciting twists.

Of course, my Sales Manager and I want to put together a "Sales" Promotion to make money; while the programming types think we should NOT try to make money on it, "just be the good guys and give them away on the air!"

One of our salespeople,who has two busineses on his list that also sell snowblowers, thinks all the other businesses will be mad if we try to "highlight" one local business by "selling" packages for in-store registrations to give them away. He says we are "greedy"; and I said "You damned right! Greed is Good!" Any ideas?
    • 6 posts
    November 9, 2009 10:24 AM PST
    Snow blower races with the racers in high heels.
    • 4 posts
    November 9, 2009 10:49 AM PST
    Not ultra creatrive by any stretch but it has worked for us is the first measurable snowfall contest. Must be at least one inch of snow as measured in our parking lot. Winner gets the snow thrower. All entires must be post marked by......etc. etc.
    • 3 posts
    November 9, 2009 1:52 PM PST
    When I was in Sioux City, we used to have the public guess the first date and time of day that the wind chill would reach 100 below. This happened every year there, you might have to pick another number - it got people talking, covered progress on the news, had the quest for the wind chill sponsored by a local business or two, printed up wind chill charts we gave away with client & station logo's, ran promos on the air promoting the times our reports would air, could set up displays at the retail location, maybe do a remote on the night/day it was going to happen etc. We were able to keep the public engaged over time with this - started right after the holidays so it picked things up a bit for 1st qtr.

Give the snowmobile trade donor a chance to pay for sponsoring this promotion too! They are going to get a plug anyway and the competitors aren't going to sponsor this, but he isn't left out this way!

Lyn Stoyer
    North American Broadcasting Company
    Columbus, OH.