Friday Poll: What's Your Secret to Beating Call Reluctance?

• 1373 posts
    October 1, 2015 11:30 AM PDT

Happy Friday, everyone!

This week’s poll question was inspired by “Doctor” Phil Bernstein’s latest sales article, How to Obliterate Your Call Reluctance, which he kindly gave us permission to reprint.  Phil shares his own strategy, as well as advice from a couple of other sales trainers (including Jim Taszarek).  It’s an excellent article, and I encourage you to check it out here.

So, I thought it would be a great opportunity to ask all of you:

What is your secret to beating call reluctance?

Looking forward to reading your answers!

• October 1, 2015 12:19 PM PDT
    Hi - This question and many others are included in my new best-seller endorsed by Jason Jennings and Chris Lytle. "Life at the Top" can be reviewed at www.starpublishingcompany.com. Thank You for passing this on to my fellow members.

Gary Ratcliff

• 21 posts
    October 1, 2015 12:56 PM PDT

I do what was brought out on this article.  I make a list of people I intent to call on the next day.  When I follow through with this I seem to accomplish my goal of reaching more prospects.  When I don't I  second guess myself and end up not doing as much as I set out to do.  I also, think positive.  I can't go into it with a defeated mind.

• October 1, 2015 1:46 PM PDT

This is going to seem very simplistic, but so far it has worked for me.  

1)  After breakfast and dressing, if I have no appointments scheduled, I drive to the town or commercial area I plan on cold-calling in.  I listen to my car radio and remind myself how much I enjoy listening to commercial radio (just like approximately 92% of the North American public!).  2) I select my first sales victim prospect and park my car nearby. Then I say this to myself:  "Until now, I have earned no income from this business and I have never helped them with their marketing plans!  If I don't call on the Owner (or the General/Marketing/Sales Manager) today, I will continue to earn no income for helping this business with their marketing needs!  If I call on this business and the 'Key Man / Woman' declines my advertising assistance, then I will continue to earn no income from this business!  Finally, if I do call on this business and the 'Key Man / Woman' accepts my advertising services, then I will help them to generate more business income and, in turn, I will generate more income for my station, myself and my family!"

Honestly, how can I lose?

• 21 posts
    October 1, 2015 1:55 PM PDT

Thank you Stephen!

• October 2, 2015 6:28 AM PDT

Its no secret. Its the same one word for every salesperson; SURVIVAL!

Do you like driving a nice car?
    Do you enjoy living in a great house?
    Do you like being able to take your family on a vacation every year?
    Do you enjoy being looked up to and respected as a successful business person?

Then make the #@%$& CALL!   

• 4 posts
    October 5, 2015 11:02 AM PDT

Great perspective Stephen, thank you!