Furniture Store Sponsorship/Feature idea please! Out of the box.

• 5 posts
    January 19, 2016 9:10 AM PST

I have a wonderful and loyal client (Furniture Store) who is looking to enhance his annual. He likes new things that no one else has thought of and buys based on this. Wants big ideas, out of the box and loves community. Any ideas? Even if they are far fetched I want to hear them! He likes to do cross promotions an enjoys giving back to the community in many ways. He loves to bring excitement! Please send any thoughts or successful ideas you may have. Thanks!

• 1373 posts
    January 19, 2016 9:41 AM PST

Rhonda, great topic, thanks for posting!  I'll be featuring this in this week's newsletter.

In the meantime, I am copying and pasting your exchange with Kimberlee McCardel so that others can read about her Red Carpet Recap feature.

• Kimberlee McCardel

good morning, we put together a featured sponsorship called The Red Carpet Recap in morning drive. When it comes to what's new in Hollywood your morning crew have the scoop. Give the client 5-:30 M-F in am drive and 10-:10 billboards, 17 week committment. $250 a week value, investment $179.

• Rhonda Kauth

That's a great name! We already have similar that is currently sponsored though. When you say 10-:10 billboards what do you mean by that?

• Is that what you call a 10 sec message?

• Kimberlee McCardel

yes, 10 second message. I'm working on another ideas, called "Room for Improvement" and it will be a multi platform promotion. this will be for Spring.

This post was edited by Rod Schwartz at March 5, 2024 1:38 PM PST
    • 16 posts
    January 22, 2016 8:06 AM PST

The $10,000 Fully Furnished Fall was a 8-12 week promotion we ran for 20+ years with a local furniture store. The concept was one person would win $10,000 in furniture. Listeners could sign up to be a qualifier at station remotes, and at the furniture store. At the end of the promotion a big event was held at the furniture store where all the qualifiers would sign in and then a winner was drawn. The promotion helped generate strong traffic at remotes, consistent traffic at the furniture store through the promotion, sales that could be tracked, and strong brand recognition.

Incidentally, this promotion was originally created as a way to generate traffic at station remotes. Instead of relying on swag items for giveaways at remotes, we focused on the business and brief mentions indicated the remote was a sign up for the Fully Furnished Fall promotion. This helped us get away from businesses asking us to bring swag items to attract traffic. Swag takes away from the business doing the remote, clutters the air time, and generally attracts more prize chasers than potential customers.