Dealing with Social Media

• 10 posts
    February 24, 2016 1:28 PM PST
    I'm curious as to how salespeople across the country handle the objection, " we're going to try social media, lke facebook " I think this would be an excellent training tool especially in this day and age
    • 1373 posts
    February 25, 2016 11:01 AM PST

Hello Allen,Great question; thank you for posting!  We'll include this in this week's newsletter, but there's one discussion thread you might like to check out if you haven't seen it already:  Main Street businesses relying solely on Facebook for advertising - what to tell them?

Rebecca

• 49 posts
    February 26, 2016 3:23 AM PST
    When I'm faced with that, I ask the advertised how many people they hope to reach? Or how many friends they have or how many lines they have. One guy told me he felt he was doing great with 200 limes of his page. I told him I could build in social media posts as part of his ad package....on our radio page, which has almost 10,000 followers, I would link to him. He bought because of the traffic I could send his way. Social media is NOT the same as radio advertising and it's difficult when an advertiser doesn't know the difference. It can be hurtful because social media while can be great for keeping up with friends and family, I don't feel, is a marketplace atmosphere. I don't think in general people go there to shop, other than for bargains and yard sale type things....including people selling Avon, etc.
    • 6 posts
    February 26, 2016 5:52 AM PST

I generally help my clients by reminding them that they still need to direct people to their sites.  "Radio inspires, internet informs."  By having their radio announcements direct traffic to their websites and Facebook they will attract more than just their friends and current clients.  This philosophy makes sense to them and has helped me with selling them radio spots.