Gated Community Builder - Need "out of the box ideas"

• 23 posts
    May 27, 2016 11:25 AM PDT

Hi you wonderful people!

So, I have a proposal coming up with a local builder who has been building communities in our area for the past 30 years.  They've got a great angle, and I am actually considering buying into one of their newest communities as well.

They offer the gated community lifestyle (24 hour gate guard, community pool, clubhouse, playground, etc.) that is affordable to the everyman. 

With their financing option they pay all closing fees for you.  Basically, your down payment is 6-7K and then your monthly mortgage on a 30 yr deal is between $900 and $1,100/month. To qualify you need only make HH Income of 40K.

The owner was very clear that he doesn't want just a traditional schedule.  He wants me to "think outside of the box" and really "wow" him.  The clincher: he refuses to give me a budget.  I am flying pretty blind on this.  However, he did mention that he is interested in a multi-station package (We have 3 stations that fit his demo very nicely), and he expressed interest in an on air talent endorsement.  I doubt this guy is going to give one of our talent a freaking house, so I don't know how I could create an endorsement package.

I plan on building a campaign that offers a home buyers tip of the week, in which they highlight an important step in the home buying process that often gets overlooked.  Kind of a, "even if you don't buy a home in our community we care about you" thing.  Obviously, every thing that gets highlighted is something they take care of for you.  Brand them as a community that cares about the community at large.  

Also, since these price points are very reasonable for the buyer, I will be presenting an idea that singles out civil service workers (teachers, cops, firemen, nurses, etc.).  Think something along the lines of: "You serve these communities every day.  Isn't it time you join one?  Well now the lifestyle you deserve is within your means." And offer a some sort of discount on their down payment with proof of employment in the highlighted field.

While I think these are great campaigns that I believe will gain traction with a fairly heavy rotation, I can't put my finger on something more "out of the box".  

One thing I would love to do is a "Dream Life Starter Pack" where we run a year long campaign that would culminate in a family winning a house!  I would also take it to some car dealerships, private schools, furniture stores, etc.  Create this dream prize of a furnished house, car, boat, lawn service for a year, etc.  Perhaps justify the "giving away" of these huge ticket items by also providing the clients with the entrants info.  "How much are warm leads like these worth to you" situation.

But, I am thinking that this is far to big of a pipe dream for me.

Anyway, I would love to hear your ideas and see if you can't all help me land by far the biggest client of my career.

I'll throw us all a pizza party if I land them.  LOL

• 15 posts
    June 3, 2016 11:20 AM PDT

Greetings Victor,

couple of questions  is this a bedroom community development,  how far from downtown/central metro area?

pm drive time campaign should help if development is not too far  ..."you could be Home now at .........." 

what are the on site amenities, pool gym, tennis courts?     is there a chapter of Special Olympics in the area that could use the facilities for events/fundraisers?   

no one is going to wait a year to try to win a house,  sixty days at most. 

Don