Friday Poll: What Are Your "Word of Mouth" Recommendations?

• 1373 posts
    August 4, 2016 8:30 PM PDT

Happy Friday, everyone!

In his latest blog post, Speaking of "Word of Mouth...", Rod writes about what "word of mouth" really is - not advertising, but a personal recommendation. He notes, "It starts with someone being deeply impressed by a product or service, so much so that when an opportunity arises, he or she tells another person about it."  Rod goes on to share a handful of his own recommendations, from Cremo shave cream to homemade ginger beer.

So for this week's poll question, we'd like to know:

What are one or two products or services that have impressed you deeply, that you recommend to others?  How did you find out about them?

We're looking forward to your "word of mouth" recommendations!

• 42 posts
    August 5, 2016 6:45 AM PDT

Very Good question. I love MPESA from Safaricom. Mpesa is s mobile based money transfer .M for Mobile , Pesa for Money.Mpesa service allows me to deposit money into an account stored on my cell phone,to send balances using PIN secured SMS text messages to other users, including sellers of good and services and to redeem deposits for regular money, Mpesa booths are everywhere , from semi arid Turkana District  to  lowlands of Mombasa beach , and  even if my phone is stolen  my money is still safe in the account. So i use Mpesa , day and night i can pay my beer bills, Nyama Choma bills, taxi services , for discos , game park fees like the Masai Mara  and i can even send as low as 10 shillings and Safari com , the service provider charges a small fee for sending and withdrawing money using this service, its the 9th wonder of my world.

• 1373 posts
    August 5, 2016 9:07 AM PDT

Sam, thanks for sharing! Mobile technology is really revolutionizing the way we do things.