Friday Poll: How Often & Where Does Your Station Do Remotes?

• 1373 posts
    June 22, 2017 8:58 PM PDT

Happy Friday, everyone!

This morning I shared on the RSC Facebook page a good article by Gary Berkowitz, Remotes: Make 'Em Great, that was published on Radio Ink's website. Mr. Berkowitz provided a number of useful tips for creating a remote that looks and sounds professional and delivers for your clients.

So for this week's poll question, we'd like to know:

How often does your station do remotes? At which businesses do you hold them?

Looking forward to reading your answers - and please share photos, too, if you have them!

This post was edited by Rebecca Hunt at June 22, 2017 9:16 PM PDT
    • 16 posts
    June 23, 2017 8:25 AM PDT

That's a great article from Radio Ink that I've sent to the folks around our media group that need to see it. Some great reminders! 

With out 6 radio stations I would guess we have an average of 6-8 remotes a week - mostly on weekends. The client vary though from your usual car dealer and furniture store though. For example, just last week we had a remote at a local smoothie cafe celebrating 'national flip flop day'. Anybody that came to the remote in flip flops received a free smoothie - it was a hit. The remote promos that the client received with the remote all focused on this great offer. Client was happy, AE was happy and remote talent was happy. 

• 1373 posts
    June 23, 2017 9:13 AM PDT

Love that idea for the smoothie cafe, Brian - thanks for sharing!