Do You Use Commercial Collection Agencies?

• 1373 posts
    November 30, 2017 12:59 PM PST

Mark Layne would like to "check with other broadcaster members if they have used commercial collection agencies to collect serious past due bills? We have never used a collection agency rather we use our sales people [to collect from] their clients. If they cannot, we have sometimes resorted to using an attorney. We have one large amount due from a medical equipment company that was swallowed up by an out of state corporation. They will not even return my calls."

To share your thoughts with Mark, please reply below - thank you!

• 1373 posts
    November 30, 2017 1:10 PM PST

From Robert Villones Hi Mark, I have done this both ways. I usually like to give by sales people a chance to collect. but after 120 days I take it in house. I then use a collection agency. I like to do this for a couple of reasons.
    1. I don't like to have my sellers on something unproductive that keeps yielding a negative result. It just not good for them.
    2. Most collection agencies do not charge unless they collect. So even if they don't end up collecting for you, you have very clear documentation provided by them to help you in court if you need to go there.