Forums » The Round Table: Brainstorming & Problem-solving

First Quarter Copy for local jewelry store

• 31 posts
    December 11, 2009 12:08 PM PST
    I have made contact with a locally owned family jewelry store too late for the Christmas push, but they are willing to give us a shot for Q1 (Valentine's Day). I am looking for some fantastic copy idea starters. This jeweler's selling points are high quality product and extremely high level of personal customer service...they NEVER advertise price. Does anybody have some Valentine's copy that did well for them or the next great idea?
    • 54 posts
    December 16, 2009 7:20 PM PST
    Hi Dan!

See if your client would like a theme song. (NOT a jingle!) We can provide this with multiple mixes. License it for as long as the client likes. Market exclusive.

Add great copy and ya got a winner! Let me know what you think!

Marshall Such (Cole Portato)
    • 5 posts
    December 16, 2009 9:32 PM PST
    watch lots of romance movies, look for the feeling behind them, create a love story of their own that will convey the emotion they are looking for. A good commercial creates real emotion that will touch people, a story that ends up at their counter purchasing a piece of lasting love, I know its cheesy but it will work
    • 59 posts
    December 17, 2009 5:23 AM PST
    How about an ad starting with a take off on Dear Santa letters, but from the female to Cupid. Dear Cupid, I've been very good this year and I saw a ring/bracelet/necklace in your window/store, etc.
    • 12 posts
    December 17, 2009 7:43 AM PST
    Dan,

A couple of years ago I did an annual campaign with a local jewelry store called 'Romancing the Stone'. Each month we briefly talked about the gem of the month and tied it into what the store was either offering. i got all the months and copy saved if you want.
    • 31 posts
    December 18, 2009 6:33 AM PST
    Thanks for all of the great ideas....
    • 113 posts
    December 20, 2009 4:29 AM PST
    Dan,

We just produced a Christmas for Chiarelli Jewelers and they love it. Perhaps we can make a Valentines Day jingle for your client?

Jim Reilly
    American Music Concepts
    AmericanJingles@aol.com
    P 732-255-1504
    • 12 posts
    December 24, 2009 6:33 AM PST
    Romancing the Stone!! Great idea. I would really like to check out your copy and monthly break down. The jewellery store in my town is always unsure of radio and I would like to go to her with a great idea!
    Thanks
    • 8 posts
    December 28, 2009 4:37 PM PST
    Hi Rick, would you mind sharing this info with me also. I have been wanting some different things to present to the jewelry store in our area and this sounds good. Please email me at bonnie_katq@yahoo.com. My fax is 406.765.2357. Thanks for your help.
  • December 30, 2009 4:52 AM PST
    Here is an idea that will turn into copy. Step one... set up a woman's night at the store around the 2nd or 3rd of February. Apps, Chapagne etc. the women in and have the radio station host the night. get women to look at thing and fill out a card with things they would like. LATER get their man's information. Feb 12th (or so) have a mens night. That is where you put the hammer down on the men.
    • 44 posts
    December 31, 2009 8:27 AM PST
    I have a jewelry store that does a 2 - hour sale during the Super Bowl. Of course you can't say SuperBowl on the ad...but you can say during the Big Game. They do 50% off on all gold jewelry. It is a very successful promotion for them and of course they use radio to spread the word!
    • 44 posts
    December 31, 2009 8:28 AM PST
    I would also like your copy for this promotion. Sounds great!
    • 44 posts
    December 31, 2009 8:35 AM PST
    Years ago we did a promotion for Valentine's Day I can't even remember what we called it but we hid a diamond in a sticky bun. You qualify 24 contestants on the air. They all meet on Valentine's Day. Each get a sticky bun and they go crazy digging for the diamond. The diamond is provided by the jewelry store. It is great PR for the jewelry store plus they have a possible new customer that needs a setting for their diamond.
    • 31 posts
    December 31, 2009 12:21 PM PST
    Love both of these ideas Lana...thanks so much
    • 31 posts
    December 31, 2009 12:22 PM PST
    They already do this, but didn't want to advertise it...they didn't want "too many" people there?????
    • 10 posts
    January 4, 2010 5:09 PM PST
    I for one would love to see this- if you've got the copy handy- I've got a small jeweler as well- and this could be just the thing- and thanks in advance for your help, just FYI I'm probably well out of your market, being that I'm on Maui in Hawaii...

Thanks!
    PaulR
    • 12 posts
    April 7, 2010 1:29 PM PDT
    You know Rick, I just realized I did not give an email when I asked for the copy for "Romancing the Stone"
    dobrien@arcticradio.ca. fax number 204-687-6786
    Thank you so much. I am heading back to that very client next week!
    Dianne
    • 1 posts
    July 26, 2011 7:08 AM PDT

Thank you,  Dan!  Would love the info.  My fax is 765-529-1688. Email is shelly.smith@citcomm.com

• 8 posts
    January 16, 2012 10:12 AM PST

Hi

Would appreciate a copy of it. Working on getting a few jewellery stores on board.  Email address is: sealeycandice@live.com

• 17 posts
    January 20, 2012 7:27 AM PST

Rick,

I would love to see your copy on the "Romancing the Stone" promotion.  Thanks for sharing.

My email is DarrellPicou@ClearChannel.com

• February 10, 2012 9:44 AM PST

Rick,

I love this idea if it's possible I would love to check out your copy and promotions for this campaign. My e-mail address is minkoyajanelle@yahoo.com and the fax number is 318-377-4619.

• 24 posts
    December 11, 2013 1:28 PM PST

I would love to see this promo as well!!! I know it's been quite a few years since this has been posted but if you're still around email me at kyla.verville@cumulus.com 

Thank you

• 17 posts
    May 15, 2014 12:27 PM PDT

Hi Rick,

I know you posted this years ago.  IF you could please send me all the months and copy to Melissa@womtradio.com that would be great.  This is a wonderful idea.

• 1 posts
    September 19, 2014 7:46 AM PDT

Hi Rick,

I would love to get a copy of your campaign for the jewelry store, Romancing the Stone

sounds like a super idea for my client.

Please send it to my new email address: linda@star94radio.com or fax to 540-885-1240.  Thanks for sharing.

Linda

• 2 posts
    September 19, 2014 7:50 AM PDT

I also would love to see this!   Thank you so much for sharing, I have a small family owned jewelry store for a client and I have been racking my brain for a new idea...they have been in business for over 100 years, so finding something they haven't already done is a challengs!

cathylarson@cheqnet.net