Friday Poll: Who Are The Celebrity Advertisers on Your Station?

• 994 posts
    May 11, 2018 12:10 AM PDT

Clients who voice their own commercials sometimes become local celebrities, on account of their radio advertising.

Do you have one or more advertisers like this on your station?

Who are they, and what makes them stand out?

Please post your reply in the comments below.

• 16 posts
    May 11, 2018 12:50 PM PDT

Most well known in the Logan, Utah market is Gene Needham of S.E. Needham Jewelers. This was a campaign I worked on with him for 20 years, though he created it prior to our working together. Through consistent use, his slogan is widely and deeply known through the market. "Middle of the Block at the Sign of the Clock."

• 84 posts
    May 24, 2018 7:32 AM PDT

I've worked with many over the years.... I love recording an interview with their "off the cuff responses" to questions.... then editing the audio into a compelling campaign.

We have a realtor who is BECOMING a local celebrity (She's only been on a few months)

We created a campaign.... "BUY OR SELL WITH CHANTEL".... and sold her the campaign based on that idea! We created a jingle to enforce this brand and she voices the ads herself... she does a GREAT job!! I'm super excited to see her become a top realtor in this market!

• 994 posts
    May 24, 2018 9:28 AM PDT

John, would you be comfortable sharing some examples of Chantel's commercials? 

I love the interior rhyme (sell, Chantel) to drive her brand deeper into the brain. Nicely done!

Having worked with individual Realtors to build their personal brands and business, I'm convinced that this is an area where more radio salespeople should be prospecting. A real estate agency is really just an office building; the broker gets a cut of what his/her agents produce, but it's individual initiative that spells the difference between front-runners and the rest of the pack. A great message and consistent radio advertising is the best way for an aggressive agent to leapfrog over the pack and become one of the top performers in the market.

This post was edited by Rod Schwartz at May 24, 2018 9:30 AM PDT