How Do You Deliver Rates in XML?

• 1373 posts
    June 14, 2018 3:10 PM PDT

One of our members writes,

I have a question that feels dumb because I've known I didn't know, and didn't ask for much too long: When an agency asks me for rates in XML, I don't know how to deliver that. I send them a PDF and kind of shrug. But I'm National Accounts... I deal with agencies all day. I should be able to deliver this. But how?? I see I can add a plugin to Excel but there's another step that seems like magic. I don't even know what kind of a thing they are expecting to get back. I guess it is in a format that plugs into their Strata. I have Stratasphere - can I get XML formatted ratecards from there? How do you do it? Thanks for not pointing and laughing. (I should clarify: the RFP didn't come through Stratasphere, and we don't have a big central system that plugs into buying systems. Entirely standalone systems, lots of typing.)

This post was edited by Rebecca Hunt at June 14, 2018 3:10 PM PDT
    • 17 posts
    June 15, 2018 6:14 AM PDT

I've had the same request......and from what I was told, there was a special program that was needed.  I never did find out exactly how to do it, so I'll be interested to hear what someone else has to say on it! Great question. embarassed

• 26 posts
    June 15, 2018 6:58 AM PDT
    I recently attempted to go thru Stratasphere and couldn't get it to export my rates in XML.
    • 993 posts
    June 15, 2018 9:36 AM PDT

Just a thought: ask the agency for help with it. Just acknowledge that it's all new to you, you'd like to oblige but need direction. Certainly no one would fault you for this.

I did a quick search on "XML" just now. It yielded a ton of information including some videos. Just looking at it all makes my brain feel full. :)

This post was edited by Rod Schwartz at June 15, 2018 9:36 AM PDT