Ad production...

• 27 posts
    June 15, 2018 8:12 AM PDT

Hello,

Looking for some direction... I have a client who likes to write her own donut ads, have them produced outside of our studios and then have us fill in the current information.

My problem is that I was using fmaudio.com who doesn't seem to be in business anymore.  Their website made it easy for my client to go in, listen to music, pick a song, listen to voices and pick a voice.  I can't find a site that makes it easy for her to do that anymore.  

Can any of you point me in the right direction?  We are in a small market and we barely ever do this for clients so I'm not experienced with any other outside companies, their reputation, costs, or talent/music banks.

Any direction would be sincerely appreciated,

Shannon

• 993 posts
    June 15, 2018 9:27 AM PDT

Shannon,

Would you mind uploading some examples of the commercials your client has had produced? It would be good to have an idea of what she's been doing. (Just click on "Commercials" in the top menu bar, then click "Upload Commercials" and follow the instructions.)

Are you familiar with the "Swap-a-Spot" service one of our members organized? It's a simple way to get new voices on your station, by simply providing the same for another station. Details here. This won't help you with music selection, but it's something you might want to explore.

Randy Lawson at Lawson Productions provides inexpensive finished spots using copy you (or your client) provide. They come fully produced or dry voice, your choice.

There's a case to be made for your client choosing a single piece of music and sticking with it as part of her brand identity. You might even suggest that she invest in a jingle. Music can be a powerful component in a radio campaign, if it's thoughtfully chosen. (Changing the music all the time might provide variations in the "feel" of the spot, but it does little to anchor the brand.)

If you'll indulge me a bit of self-promotion, my creative services business provides copywriting and production for radio advertisers. I'd be happy to visit with your client, if you think it appropriate.

Hope this helps.

• 27 posts
    July 17, 2018 12:20 PM PDT

Hi Rod,

Thanks for the feedback.  I appreciate it.  I've found what I was looking for at voicebunny.com.  My client would have my head if I sent her name to someone- and she's one of my biggest... I could present something for you if you'd like and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,
    Shannon

• 993 posts
    July 17, 2018 12:30 PM PDT
    Sounds as though you have things under control, Shannon.

Hope you’ll consider sharing some of those spots in our Commercials section.