Friday Poll: What Do You Use for a Weekly Planner?

• 993 posts
    March 28, 2019 6:45 PM PDT

What's your system for planning work activities each week?  How do you keep track of prospecting and sales calls, service appointments, and other daily/weekly scheduling? 

• Legal Pad?
    • Weekly Planner forms?
    • Daytimer or similar book?
    • Smartphone calendar?
    • CRM software or other app?
    • Something else?

Please respond in the comments below.

• 118 posts
    March 29, 2019 7:51 AM PDT

I still like the Legal Pad. From there I can organize the information at will to any other medium. I don't mind redundancy since my living is made with a good plan. 

• 2 posts
    March 29, 2019 8:36 AM PDT

I use a combination of mediums. My "Must-Do" items, usually 3-5, I write down in my notebook and then cross-off or make note of next steps all in the same place. Any items that are not as pressing get a Calendar Appointment with pop-up alert to remind me to do that task, but also allows me the freedom to snooze the task if I find myself in the middle of a more time-sensitive matter.

• 5 posts
    March 29, 2019 8:41 AM PDT

We are getting ready to implement a CRM soon. We have never used one before.

Mostly with phone calls I just go through top 10 list saved on paper or a spreadsheet and then save CNA's or sales pitches to a google calendar. Which is on my phone and desktop.

I use a to do list app called "todoist" when I just have a bunch of activities I need to complete. It works out really well when I need to track a series of tasks because I can create SUB-categories for the main groups of tasks I need to do.