What will draw listeners to a heating company's open house?

• 1373 posts
    April 22, 2019 3:51 PM PDT

From Roxi Lennox: A local heating company wants to hold an "Open House" this summer complete with a remote broadcast. I can't, for the life of me, think of what will draw listeners to a heating company's open house! We need a "draw". Any thoughts? Ideas? THANK YOU!  

• 1 posts
    April 24, 2019 9:49 AM PDT

Hi Roxi, 

A remote at an AC business? 

The first thing I hear is your client saying is "I tried radio and it didnt work".

Not knowing the situation, is the business in a high traffic area of town or an industrial warehouse center?

Is there a local organziaiton or charity that would benefit from listeners dropping off items, food drive, back to school drive at the AC location? 

Joe C - Fort Myers/Naples

• 11 posts
    April 26, 2019 10:36 AM PDT

What about a educational open house? Meaning, come to our open house to see and learn about how you can reduce your utility bill by X%. Receive special savings and a chance to win a free X. Also, a memorable number so they can register in advance, like 1-800-COMFORT

• 1 posts
    April 26, 2019 11:37 AM PDT

Good ideas guys!  This company has a nice office, but it is off of the beaten path.  I'll attempt to sway them to get involved with our summer food bank fundraiser.  We should also focus on Bruno's statement "learn how to reduce your utility bill".  

Thank you!

• 121 posts
    April 26, 2019 12:04 PM PDT

For the past 4 years, I have done a live remote broadcast of our afternoon talk show at (drum roll)...

The local Home and Garden Show!  It's a four day event with over 100 vendors.  We broadcast from their booth.

Here's why it works:

-Guaranteed in-person audience

-Popular station and personality

-we include some give aways that people can win on the spot when they come to the booth and mentioning the special phrase that is only given out over the air during the broadcast.

- this is the only HVAC dealer that we do this with.

• 2 posts
    April 26, 2019 1:39 PM PDT

I did one for an HVAC place that opened a second location.  It went well.  People are interested in new technology, and the ability to have greater control over their environments.