To sell your station, you must first sell yourself?......

• 6 posts
    June 14, 2009 6:56 AM PDT
    I have a theory, We all know as sales reps we've come to expect "society" to judge ourselves, our work ethic, and ultimatley their outlook of the company based on their first impression of us... That is natural and fine because i feel that when i am in public, working or not, i am smiling, dressed nice and always keep a good hygine because i never know who i will see, meet or worse see me and i not acknowlege them at any point in time. Therefore i feel like i am one big walking advertisement for myself and my company. I do perfectly fine with appearing the way i need to in order to get no negitive first impressions, With that i need some advice on how far i can take this little silent judgemental game:
    1. I want to make proffessional shirts for business advertising to anyone who see's me wearing it that i am a Marketing Consultant for Z93 & WY99 and darn proud of it!!
    2. My little sports car is like my second office. As much as i drive around town everyday i feel like i am missing a huge opportunity to advertise for myself. So I am creating a special auto body vinyl to turn my car into not just a car but a stylish and unique "billboard" advertisement that everyone who see's it will assume that my station is as appealling as my car... Make sense?
    3. Down to business, business cards as a matter of fact. I was once told by someone that a majority of buisness owners and potetial clients judge the amount of effort you put into your job by the amount of effort you put into your buisness card!! Is that true and if so i need some assistance in coming up with a slogan that i can put on my new b.c. that is short and catchy that tells the client that i am very confident in the work that i do, I've looked on the web and nothing is getting what i wanted so maybe someone on here with a little more experience in this business on some idea's and thoughts, it would much be appreciated.
    4. A question to other sales reps concerning your stations advertising- Do other radio stations have all that stationary junk with their logo's printed on them? Or bumper stickers, any kind of promotional items used to advertise the station's logo that is given away to the listeners?

Well, honestly that is all i really have for now but i would like feedback to let me know if i am thinking on the right track here: my goal is to get possitive attention towards myself and my radio station so i can eventually have clients come to me instead of the other way around......I'm not a big fan of trying to track business owners down on my time that i could be making another client.... I am trying to build a report with the community so they think radio i come to mind>>>AM I ON THE RIGHT TRACK HERE?
    • 1 posts
    June 23, 2009 2:54 PM PDT
    Any kind of advertisng with your logo's are good. As with radio ad's the more you put yourself out there the more people will think of you, however radio is so competitive that I think you will always have to get out there and sale, sale , sale.... because if you don't another sales rep from another station will come in and get 'em! I think you always have to feed the bond you make.