Idea for a bank

• 2 posts
    April 15, 2010 7:37 AM PDT
    I am trying to sell a bank but I need a great idea to go along with it. Any ideas?
    • 52 posts
    April 15, 2010 7:44 AM PDT
    Are they trying to increase loans, deposit accounts, investments? What part of their business are they wanting to advertise?
    • 2 posts
    April 15, 2010 8:09 AM PDT
    They are branding a new image. I need a annual event of some type
    • 993 posts
    April 15, 2010 5:34 PM PDT
    Richard, more details would be helpful. For instance:

Is this an independent, local bank? One branch? Multiple locations?

How have they been affected by the financial meltdown in the financial services sector? Do they have money to lend? Small business loans? Mortgages? Home Equity Lines of Credit?

Are they wanting to promote savings instruments? Do they offer anything special in a Certificate of Deposit (by "special" I mean paying more than a couple points)?

What is their niche in your marketplace, vis-a-vis their competitors? What are they best known for, from the perspective of their customers?

Are they reliable supporters of local businesses, civic groups, service organizations, schools, etc.? What particular causes do they like to associate themselves with?

Your answers to questions like these would be most helpful in framing useful answers to your question. It's not likely you're going to find a one-size-fits-all angle or promotion. So, the more details and insights you can provide, the better the quality of help you're likely to receive.

Look forward to hearing back from you!
    • 455 posts
    April 20, 2010 11:00 AM PDT
    My suggestion is two fold:

The bank needs a branding position to establish a niche in the market. Small, community owned banks, for example, are carving out market share in small and medium sized cities by treating every customer like the most important person in the world. They call customers by name, they go to the customers office to fill out a loan application, they don't have to call the home office to get a loan approved, etc. Did they NOT take any govt bailout money? Tell the world. Find a niche or two and tell the world.

Second, have the bank look at their charitable spending. My experience is they try and spread this money to thin and really get no credit for all they do. Have them pick a category (homelessness, hunger, children's services, etc.) and target all of their charitable giving to that single category. They don't want to be A player they want to be THE player making this event, fundraiser, etc., happen. It's much better to spend all your money on two events as the exclusive, presenting sponsor than particiapte in 10 events and be lumped among nine others.

An Event Promoter (in another life)
    • 1373 posts
    June 17, 2015 10:57 AM PDT

RadioInk just published a great article by Paul Weyland on creating effective commercials for banks:  http://www.radioink.com/Article.asp?id=2940159&spid=30800