Characteristics of a Quality Salesperson

• 51 posts
    April 22, 2010 11:39 AM PDT

How would you answer if your client asked...."What characteristics do you bring to my business and why should I care?"

• 3 posts
    April 23, 2010 5:51 AM PDT
    Integrity - experience - empathy - passion - desire for success...You (business owner) should care because I care about success!
    • 51 posts
    April 23, 2010 6:47 AM PDT
    • 51 posts
    April 23, 2010 6:57 AM PDT
    Win-Win Attitude! My goal is for you to win...achieve your goals. When you Win, I will Win.
    • 9 posts
    April 23, 2010 8:40 AM PDT
    I like to turn the question around a bit, "What can we do to help you? Our goal is to promote your business in such a way that you can see results from advertising with us. And we care about you as an individual, knowing that if your business is more successful you as an individual is more successful.
    • 9 posts
    May 13, 2010 3:31 PM PDT
    Go for it! I truly believe that choosing to help our businesses, and showing them that we really care about them as individuals as well as their business, is the way to bring their respect and trust to our station. Trust and respect of our station gets around. To have businesses telling other businesses to advertise with you because you are there to help and that this radio station really cares about you, is a terrific way to get more businesses to advertise with you. We are a very small rural station, but our signal is heard over a hundred mile radius and we truly appreciate our advertisers and the many that listen and support our station.
  • May 18, 2010 4:01 PM PDT
    "I do not have integrity. Integrity of from the Latin Integritas... which means unbending and firm." I don't have a lot to say. I am a listener. I am also a reader. I am a researcher. I use my connections. I move quickly but I am detailed. I don't "visit" and I am not going to be your lifelong friend. Don't look for a Christmas card from me and I am not going to remember your anniversary. But I will have a schedule of your sales cycles as well as those of your competitors. I will work your business as if it were my own because I am a commissioned sales person and I make money when YOU make money. But...I'm here today to ask a few question... simple questions like does your business have a positioning statement.....
    • 994 posts
    May 18, 2010 4:57 PM PDT
    Will you be firm and unbending in your commitment to my business for as long as I remain your client?

Really like your explication, Chris, though I'd add something that I picked up many years ago, and that is to remain flexible about non-essentials and inflexible on the essentials.

Where two people will differ, of course, is in their understanding of what constitutes an essential.

Hey, thanks for posting the link on the UK news story. Good radio news is always good news!

:>)
    • 53 posts
    June 23, 2012 9:18 PM PDT

Great response, Ellen.