Would a "Radio Stuff for Sale" Category Be Useful to Members?

• 993 posts
    April 11, 2011 11:17 PM PDT

Over the weekend I listed several items from my home studio on eBay -- a Hafler 9300 amp, Symetrix 528E voice processor, Rane 1/3-band EQ, Symetrix Patch Bays, etc. 

As I was listing the equipment, I wondered whether other RSC members might not from time to time have stuff they'd like to sell (or that they need to buy). 

For example, I have my old Chris Lytle "Radio Marketing Manager" course (from the late 90's) in a binder...all materials, tapes, etc....that I'd be delighted to pass along to someone here at RSC who's either in sales management or anticipating a move to sales management.  Cover the cost of shipping it to you and it's yours.  (Note: this course was originally designed to be interactive; assignments were reviewed by a member of Lytle's organization.  That said, even without that feedback you'll find there's plenty of good information and insights to be gained simply by listening and reading.)

Anyhow, I envision something along the lines of private party classifieds, not business ads. They'd require some self-policing, e.g., deleting ads when the item has sold or the need has been met, no big deal.

Anyone else think this might be worth doing here at Radio Sales Café?

• April 12, 2011 3:00 PM PDT
    sounds like a great idea...count me in..
    • 41 posts
    April 15, 2011 4:30 AM PDT
    I think it would a great idea. Especially for those of us operating with 20 year old+ equipment that need obsure things like the little brass ring and teeth that goes around the outside of the main transmitter tube. Ours is arcing and causing all sorts of fun.

dgs
    • 2 posts
    April 15, 2011 5:16 AM PDT

This is a great idea! 

I have a request already.  Does anyone have an old SS32 computer that could be used for production purposes?

• April 15, 2011 6:36 AM PDT

Yes...this is a great idea...count me in too!

John Harper

WMEL Talk Radio

Cocoa Beach / Melbourne, Florida

• April 15, 2011 7:26 AM PDT

"Radio Stuff for Sale".... GREAT IDEA!  It would be nice to see the walls and floors of my equipment room again......

• April 15, 2011 7:38 AM PDT

GREAT IDEA!  I'm on the "going to retire one of these days" path after 40 years, and would LOVE a place to sell some or all of my studio equipment.

• 1 posts
    April 15, 2011 8:55 AM PDT
    Great idea...let's get it rolling....standing by.
    • 1 posts
    April 15, 2011 9:01 AM PDT
    Sounds like a great idea. Tell me how you would
    like to be paid for that Lytle training course. Thanks
    • 14 posts
    April 15, 2011 9:07 AM PDT
    GREAT IDEA!!!   This should of been done YEARS ago!! 
    • 993 posts
    April 15, 2011 9:36 AM PDT

Nik -

It's yours.  Email me ([email protected]) with your mailing/shipping address and I'll get back to you.

Thanks!

Best,

Rod

• April 15, 2011 10:25 AM PDT

What a fabulous idea!  I've had people ask me to photograph our SMARTS system and send the pics to them as they can't believe we are actually still using it!  I've searched all over the web for something like this.  Greatly appreciated resource for those of us who can't afford the latest and greatest of everything.

• 22 posts
    April 15, 2011 11:33 AM PDT

You bet -  We still use cart machines, I could use some audi cord and carts..

Kent Lankford

WAKO AM FM

• 1373 posts
    April 17, 2011 4:58 PM PDT

Thank you for your input, ladies and gentleman!  It appears the vote is unanimous, so here's the new classifieds section:

RSC Classifieds, aka "Radio Stuff for Sale"

Feel free to start posting right away . . . and have fun!

~ Rebecca