Selling Radio to Healthcare Providers (Hopefully NOT at Half Pri

• 993 posts
    July 23, 2009 3:04 PM PDT
    It's always interesting and often instructive to learn what people - particularly "media advisors" - have to say about our profession. Case in point: I received an email this afternoon from a long-time client of mine, an eye doc for whom I developed what has proven to be a distinctive, durable, and lucrative branding campaign run exclusively on radio. He wrote: "Interesting email I recd today from one of my contact lens sales reps...they may be on to us?!? Glad you and I have developed a 14 yr head start on the rest of the pack!!" and forwarded a copy of the email he received: Dear Doctor, If you have ever considered radio advertising in the past, but found it too costly, now might be a good time to look into it again! For some radio advertising guidelines, click on the link below to read a great article called: Healthcare Radio Rules: Low rates open the door to a highly-effective medical marketing tool. Here are a few examples: 1. Multiple offices increase the value of radio. When you have several offices a group or healthcare organization can get more bang for the buck because the cost for the advertisement is spread over a number of offices or locations. 2. Radio rates are always negotiable. Radio stations are selling from an inventory of broadcast time, and they are virtually never sold out. There are always some "availabilities," so negotiate the cost. Their Rate Card is just a conversation starter. Click here to read more: http://www.healthcaresuccess.com/articles/radio-rules.html As you'll see if you follow the link, it's a mixed bag of information. Although I disagree with some of their generalizations, on the whole I thought it a good pitch for using radio. Your thoughts?