Need some Help :) Looking for ideas for a company that preserves

• 1 posts
    November 21, 2011 10:57 AM PST

Looking for ideas to make a 30 second commercial for a company that preserves wedding gowns.  I want to talk about how its the single most expensive article of clothing you own.  It has endless sentimental value, etc

Thanks in advance!

• 12 posts
    December 2, 2011 7:55 AM PST

"You preserve your figure, we'll preserve your gown" appeals to women's vanity, because *every* woman knows she'll *never* gain weight after the wedding.

• 170 posts
    October 8, 2012 8:11 PM PDT

We have run a bridal show for 12 years, have worked with wedding vendors and talked with hundreds of brides.  The primary reason to preserve the dress is not the expense of the dress.  Preserving the dress is preserving the memory... preserving the day, how she looked, how she felt, how he felt about her that day.  And a lot of brides imagine their daughter might wear the dress, too.  ( My daughter will be wearing her grandmother's satin gown - because of the gown and because it was her beloved grandmother's.)   

It's about sentiment - not practicality. It's also about explaining what can happen to a dress not stored properly, yellowing, moths, mold

Mike's idea about the figure might work but be careful with the allusion to gaining weight.

• 25 posts
    October 11, 2012 3:03 AM PDT

I agree with Diane. Tell a woman she has gained weight or will do, at your own peril...