I'm So Busy!

• 193 posts
    October 27, 2014 10:32 AM PDT

When we, as Sales Managers, can become Sales Leaders and create an environment of self accountability, amazing things happen.  When Salespeople realize that they are capable of running their account list like a business within the company, they begin the process of becoming the industry's top performers.  Joel, in my Sales Workshops, I ask Salespeople what accountability means to them.  It seldom comes back with a positive response.  I usually hear things like "It's what my Sales Manager expects from me."  I then ask the question "What does self-accountability mean?"  It always comes back with great answers like "Looking in the mirror and holding that person responsible."  I then ask "Can you really be successful without being self accountable?"  The answer is always No.  So then, as Managers we need to have sincere, honest conversations with our Salespeople asking them to make a choice.  If you want to be successful...REALLY successful, what actions of self accountability do you need to practice?  That's truly when Salespeople set action plans.  It's about creating an environment of "I want to" vs. "I need to."  Thanks Joel for your comment.  I appreciate it!