Friday Poll: Your Favorite Motivational Quote

• 1373 posts
    July 21, 2011 11:02 PM PDT

Happy Friday, everyone!

This week's poll question was inspired by an ongoing discussion thread in one of the LinkedIn groups to which I belong, Paul Castain's Sales Playbook! (definitely worth checking out if you're on LinkedIn):

What is your favorite motivational/inspirational quote?

Looking forward to reading your replies!

• 1373 posts
    July 21, 2011 11:14 PM PDT
    I have several favorite motivational quotes, but this statement, from a sales newsletter by Joe Bonura, is my new favorite:  "Every excuse you make is an opportunity lost."
    • 41 posts
    July 22, 2011 12:56 AM PDT
    "True commitment begins when we reach the point of not knowing how we can possibly go on, and decide to do it anyway." ~ Dr. Zimmerman

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts.  Untie the ribbons." ~ Ruth Ann Schabacker

• 14 posts
    July 22, 2011 2:37 AM PDT
    Pam Lontos: "Don't tell me  something can't  be done until after I have done  it."
    • 6 posts
    July 22, 2011 3:28 AM PDT
    Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you're probably right.  -Henry Ford
    • 1 posts
    July 22, 2011 3:49 AM PDT

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.

William B. Sprague

• 2 posts
    July 22, 2011 5:00 AM PDT

“The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" - Vincent van Gogh

In other words, nothing gets done until you do it. Forget the excuses get up out of your chair and go do it.

• 14 posts
    July 22, 2011 5:28 AM PDT

Happy Friday Sales Cafe group!

I personally love daily motivation. I put it out to hundreds of advertisers and over 3000 social followers multiple times daily.  I eat motivation for breakfast! In my office I have a wall-to-wall graphic that spells M-O-M-E-N-T-U-M

Here are some of my favorites. 

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bertwin Ward

"Be a fountain, not a drain." Rex Hudler

"The is no reason you can tell a prospect how you can help until you have uncovered what kind of help they need. In the medical field, treatment with diagnosis is called MALPRACTICE." Gitomer

More on....

TwitterFacebook,LinkedINMy Website .

Here are some of my most recent favorites I have sent to my staff.

"Do not work so heaving In your business when working at your business is most important" 

"You cannot make footprints in the sand sitting on your butt"

"When the water starts boiling, its foolish to turn off the heat."

• 112 posts
    July 22, 2011 5:35 AM PDT
    Leaders are ordinary people with extraordinary persistence.
    • 1 posts
    July 22, 2011 5:43 AM PDT

"Poor salespeople have skinny kids"

~Zig Ziglar

• 14 posts
    July 22, 2011 5:45 AM PDT
    I love..."Don't make no calls, don't get no sales."
    • 19 posts
    July 22, 2011 5:50 AM PDT

good is the enemy of great, good is not good enough

no one is coming to the rescue

• 1 posts
    July 22, 2011 5:57 AM PDT
    "Pull your socks up, and get out there and knock him out, kid!!" - Legendary Heavyweight Champion Jack Dempsey heard this from his manager Tex, after a pummeling round...and the great Dempsey did just that...knocked his opponent out in the next round!
  • July 22, 2011 6:10 AM PDT
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
    • 5 posts
    July 22, 2011 6:20 AM PDT
    As Nana used to say, "Your path is before you: sink or swim."  That'll scare the be-jesus out of you.
    • 15 posts
    July 22, 2011 6:45 AM PDT

Here are a couple:

• Advertising is salesmanship mass produced. No one would bother to use advertising if he could talk to all his prospects face-to-face. But he can't." - Morris Hite, quoted in Adman: Morris Hite's Methods for Winning the Ad Game, 1988, Dallas, TX: E-Heart Press, p. 203
    • Radio is word of mouth squared … Ok, that one’s me

This post was edited by Rebecca Hunt at July 6, 2017 9:48 PM PDT
    • 4 posts
    July 22, 2011 6:49 AM PDT

From my Grandfather:

Do more than you are worth, and eventually you will be paid for it.

From somewhere lese:

Without action, your ideas are just good intentions

• 1 posts
    July 22, 2011 7:04 AM PDT
    Four questions to ask.   Why?  Why not?  Why not me?  Why not now?  James Allen
    • 52 posts
    July 22, 2011 7:07 AM PDT

"We can't be cautious and extraordinary at the same time." - Carlos Azcoitia

And a little more down to Earth: "Thinking and believing is no substitute for actual skill" - Bill Glazer

• July 22, 2011 7:18 AM PDT

Be all that we can be, not what we are.

• 19 posts
    July 22, 2011 7:35 AM PDT
    "When there is nothing to lose by trying and everything to gain if successful, by all means try" W Clement Stone
  • July 22, 2011 8:22 AM PDT

I have so many favorite quotes but the one I have posted so that I can always see it is:

"What ever it takes.  THAT'S WHAT I DO".

David Mellor

American Grounds Keeper

Director of Grounds, Fenway Park

Every time I read this I say it out loud.

• 10 posts
    July 22, 2011 8:27 AM PDT

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5,6

I enjoy reading all the different quotes from all the various authors/celebrities, but my personal inspiration and motivation always comes from God.

• 1373 posts
    July 22, 2011 8:36 AM PDT
    Ditto that, John!  Rom. 8:28 & Prov. 3:5&6 are two of my favorites as well (although I have to say, when I'm looking at Romans 8:28, I usually have to go all the way through verse 39 -- what a great passage, packed with so many promises!).
    • 10 posts
    July 22, 2011 9:36 AM PDT

Hi Rebecca! I so agree with you on that! It was not so long ago that I was still trying to do it all on my own- spinning my wheels and going nowhere. The instant I made my choice to follow Jesus, and live according to His will, everything changed! A new lease on life, a new career, a new freedom! I am blessed by unexpected success so early in my radio career, and I attribute it entirely to His grace; His plan and purpose for my life. God bless you.