Forums » RSC Sales & Advertising Library

The Wizard of Ads Trilogy - Roy H. Williams

• 1117 posts
    August 23, 2011 11:36 PM PDT

The Wizard, of course, is Roy H. Williams, former radio advertising salesman, marketing consultant, best-selling author, founder and Chancellor of Wizard Academy, a business school in Austin, Texas.

Roy Williams' "Wizard Trilogy" catapulted him into super-stardom among radio advertising salespeople, copywriters and producers, small business owners, and marketers across America.  

A decade ago, Radio INK magazine hailed Roy as "radio's knight-in-shining-armor" - and time has proven him to be every bit of that.

The three Wizard volumes, in chronological order, are:

1. THE WIZARD OF ADS - Turning Words Into Magic and Dreamers Into Millionaires 

2.  SECRET FORMULAS OF THE WIZARD OF ADS - Turning Paupers Into Princes and Lead Into Gold

3.  MAGICAL WORLDS OF THE WIZARD OF ADS - Tools and Techniques for Profitable Persuasion

We've been trained to read books from front to back, but with Roy's books, you can "pick a chapter, any chapter" and gain new insight into human motivation and behavior, especially as these relate to marketing and advertising, consumerism and sales.  

Want to become a better seller?  Become a more persuasive writer!

Want to create more effective advertising?  Tell better stories!

Good advertising isn't about the advertiser; it's about the advertiser's customer!

Want to succeed in your life's work, whatever that may be?  Embrace risk, do what you truly love, and don't be afraid to follow your heart.  Don't waste your life - it's the only one you've got!

It would be impossible for me to survey these books and do them justice without resorting to copying them verbatim.  Each volume is a goldmine, each chapter a new vein awaiting your discovery.  Is one better than another?  Tough call. They're all worth reading - more than once!

Radio stations have been known to pass Roy's books out to advertisers because of their straightforward advice on how to advertise successfully, and how to avoid the common pitfalls and mistakes that prevent or delay success.  

• 1117 posts
    March 13, 2012 6:31 PM PDT

Wow!  Don't know for how long this will be the case, but right now the Wizard Trilogy is available as a FREE DOWNLOAD from Roy's website - in both .pdf and .mp3 versions!

I've purchased multiple copies of the books and the audio versions for myself and others over the years; each version has its own advantages. (The audio format is particularly well suited for salespeople who spend a lot of time in their vehicles.)

Great opportunity to share the Wizard's writings with your clients and colleagues - and to enjoy them yourself, too!

• 2 posts
    March 15, 2012 8:25 AM PDT

Very cool!!  Thanks for the link!  Still good as of this morning.

• 183 posts
    March 16, 2012 2:08 PM PDT

Thanks Rod. They all downloaded, and they all go into my iTunes library. I have a Macally "FMcup" that plays my iPod through my car radio. This is perfect for listing to on the way to work. I used to have an American Express subscription to business books on cassette. Now I can study these on the way to work.

• 1117 posts
    March 16, 2012 7:43 PM PDT

I've enjoyed listening to the CD's in my truck.  As Roy used to say when pitching his first book, "You'll laugh, you'll cry..." (but you won't be kissing any money good-bye).  Enjoy, Joe!